Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seeking_brilliance

I don't trust darkness, or light

5 posts in this topic

When I close my eyes, I don't see darkness. I see myself. Almost like a mirror, but not even. I'm already there, and it's not a reflection. It's me. In 'darkness' I see all there is to see.

We say that darkness is the absence of light, but I've not yet found myself in the absence of light. Even with my eyes completely covered, it's not dark. Phosphenes dance in a prismatic display of expression. Then the tunnel comes. I call it the blue blob or the tunnel. It's never truly dark, or pitch black.

And in light - - if the eyes are stilled, the vision turns back to (MYSELF)--the 'populated' emptiness we mistakingly call darkness when eyes are closed. Even light cannot escape me, and the blue tunnel forms with little effort.

I don't trust light or darkness.

And light is cunning. Even if you cut it off it finds a way to pop up. Whole worlds spring up along with it.

That being said... I cannot tell you how much it's all loved. The appreciation for light /darkness is boundless. I just don't trust it, not really.

29d5053e61198190bb35f82467084dfe.gif

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

We say that darkness is the absence of light, but I've not yet found myself in the absence of light. Even with my eyes completely covered, it's not dark. Phosphenes dance in a prismatic display of expression. Then the tunnel comes. I call it the blue blob or the tunnel. It's never truly dark, or pitch black.

I relate to this so much. Totally the same for me.

haha brilliant description of closed eyed visuals.

I think when people are talking about light, they are talking about awareness itself. At least that's what I call the Light.

11 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

When I close my eyes, I don't see darkness. I see myself. Almost like a mirror, but not even.

You're not looking at the map, the map is looking at you ;)

17 hours ago, eman said:

I relate to this so much. Totally the same for me.

?

6 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

haha brilliant description of closed eyed visuals.

I think when people are talking about light, they are talking about awareness itself. At least that's what I call the Light.

Possibly, I'm strictly speaking here of light from fire /sun or artificial sources ?and the opposite, which we call darkness.  In my experience, darkness is much harder to find than light, but even the light fades if you stop moving the eyes. 

If speaking of light as in Awareness, I do still trust that, for now ?

@electroBeam and/or its all one and same. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay