Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenWoods

Float Tank SHARING

3 posts in this topic

I just had the idea of float tank sharing. For example, 4 people share the costs and each one gets the tank 3 months every year.

- The value of having it only for 3 months 

You either want to have a float tank to use it long term, or to use short term to achieve a goal and then you don't need it anymore. 

For example, I'm interested in sleep yoga (= being conscious during sleep). For that you must stay conscious while your body falls asleep (and then remain conscious). In terms of float tank sharing, 3 months of intensively using the float tank + applying sleep yoga techniques from my thread " Sleep Yoga: Conscious During Sleep (Guide) " , might be enough to get good enough at the sleep yoga skill that you don't need the tank anymore. In case that works, you would from then on have 2 hours of lucid dreaming each day + 6 hours of being conscious during light and deep sleep which is a damn deep meditative state. Himalayan yogis level. And in that case the tank would be needed only once, thus it could be shared among more people and the costs for each person reduced further. In that case even a more expensive float tank could be considered.

Apart from that, you could of course use it for any float-tank purpose, like deep meditation or lucid dream induction.  You could regard the 3 months like a retreat. And perhaps do an actual retreat within that period as well.

- Costs

A high quality float tank costs over $5 000. But one for $2 000 will do as well, I guess. If 4 people share it, each only pays $500. Additionally there are monthy maintainance costs of around $50 and salt costs around $500 every 1-2 years. The salt could be shipped to the other people as well, or each person buys his/her own salt, whatever is prefered.

For example the Zen Float Tent costs $ 2 200 and is very portable, so shipping costs would probably be relatively low. It says: 

"Easy to ship, easy to move. The Zen Float Tent can be shipped anywhere around the world in two small boxes. If you ever have to move or relocate, it's easy to drain the water, disassemble, and move with you." https://zenfloatco.com/learn-more-tent

The value of having your own float tank is that you can use it every day (and at any time of the day, including the night!) for as long as you want. That would quickly get very expensive if you go somewhere each time.

I'm proposing the idea not necessarily in terms of actualizing now, but as a general possibility for any actualizers now or in the future.

What do you guys think of the idea?

I'd be in but wouldn't trust myself to be trained in 3 months... I really need to try this though, there's a location nearby but it's about 45 mins away

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I work at a float tank facility and get to float for free whenever I want, it's awesome!

Edited by eggopm3