JayG84

So forgetfulness is fundamental?

5 posts in this topic

How does forgetfulness work? It seems to be just as fundamental as Love. The only way anything can be is because we literally forget Everything. How is this not talked about more in these circles? It's the one thing that I can't even conceive of how it's the case. And possibly my biggest obstacle to awakening. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm actually God, the ONLY thing that exists, but I'm this stupid, just because. And I'm also, at the same time, creating this whole reality in real time from Nothing so consistently. It just doesn't make sense how this is the case. With all of my skepticism, and direct experience truth, this is the one thing that I take for completely for granted. But I guess this is the thing that you wake up to when you do and probably the biggest shock. I just can't imagine how.

When something appears from nothingness, you call it thinking

when it disappears forever into nothingness, you call it forgetfulness

And I guess not knowing you're god and all is rather a self-deception than a you forgetting something. It's like the ego has locked a door with deception to the realization, so you have to somehow do stuff to open the door and see what's beyond by unlocking the deception. I think working on a realization is just identifying the deceptions blocking your sight of that realization and eliminating them(well identifying itself eliminates them), either through intense bodily experiences from psychedelics or kriya yoga or other means, or through contemplation and meditation, etc. But you need to identify a path around the obstacles cuz usually you just come back from the realization back into deception out of habit, if you a path back to that realization established, you can go back as much as you want until you are comfortable enough to settle there. This as you know is called integrating your realizations

When we remember something,  are we actually 'unforgetting' or are we  unwittingly looking past some intangible 'block'? I would guess any and all data is ultimately up and available continuously, like a solid state drive

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

When a computer (especially solid state drive)  runs a program, such as the operating system and all the programs that can be run within, all of that exists simultaneously to each other, but the computer must create imaginary veils to run them 'separately'. It limits its memory in various configurations in order to function in way we deem 'properly'. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay