Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cuteguy

Not believing anything

7 posts in this topic

I would love someone who is ahead of me to help me on this, because I don't want to delude myself.

These days I'm grappling with this "thing" where I try to not don't believe anything, anything at all. It's kinda fuzzy at the moment, but it seems to me that the quality of perception changes a little bit when I do that. It's like I zoom out, or pull back.

I think It's quite obvious that what is actually real doesn't need to be believed anyway. That's why I am taking my time with this.

So, if anyone has been through this or knows what I'm talking about, I would appreciate any help or guidance. I promise I won't believe you xD

Edited by cuteguy

Changed the title to try and get more views. Sorry for upping the thread. I won't do it again.

15 hours ago, cuteguy said:

These days I'm grappling with this "thing" where I try to not don't believe anything, anything at all. It's kinda fuzzy at the moment, but it seems to me that the quality of perception changes a little bit when I do that. It's like I zoom out, or pull back.

I think It's quite obvious that what is actually real doesn't need to be believed anyway. That's why I am taking my time with this.

Having loose handles is great for mind fluidity, freedom, creativity, metacognition and exploring reality. Yet in another context, it can get  ungrounded and impractical. 

When I first started exploring these areas, I did so alone or with the few people I knew that were “out there”. Being out in nature is one of my favorite places to go fluid because nature does not judge and has no agenda. I was more able to let go of beliefs. In society, things would feel too ungrounded. For example, if I did it in a cafe anxiety would arise. 

I also found it helpful to observe intelligent people with fluid minds (not chaotic minds). Interacting with such people can help develop the ability. For example, someone may have a baseline level of 8/10 intensity of holding ideas. If they immerse themself with people that range 7 - 9, it’s not the best environment to loosen - it will keep re-conditioning their mind in that range. I’ve found it helpful to remove myself from that environment to help de-condition, such as being in nature. And to expose myself to fluid minds in the 3-5 range. 

In terms of SD, it’s Tier2 territory. 

"There is no path, but only a fool cannot walk it."

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

20 hours ago, cuteguy said:

These days I'm grappling with this "thing" where I try to not don't believe anything, anything at all.

Do you still believe in yourself being the non-believer? If you wish to pull the weed out by the roots, start there.

Just treat all of it provisionally, with nonattachment.  It's just maps, not the territory.  In other words, tomorrow it could all get scrapped.  No sacred cows allowed.

Edited by Haumea2018

Trying not to believe only empowers your beliefs. Whatever you struggle with, will rob you of your essence.

It is more about deeply realizing that beliefs have never, ever, ever delivered on their promise. They are impermanent, and can only give you impermanence.

Once you realize that at the most fundamental level, it is easier to let your beliefs go. Consciousness arises in their place. It is pure awareness, without the attachment of beliefs. It is changeless, and will unconditionally give you eternal peace.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.