iceprincess

Is it okay to be bad at your life purpose?

4 posts in this topic

I haven't taken Leo's life purpose course yet but just thinking about it generally the two things I pursue with genuine curiosity and passion is dance and personal development. I realized I wanna become a blog writer/author because that's kind of what I do in my spare time. I'll write ideas and paragraphs and essays on my own just for the fun of it and I'll constantly be talking to myself, imagining that I'm explaining some sort of concept to people and being  motivational/inspirational. I don't know if I'm any good at it but my close friends seem to be on board. I've never thought about becoming a dancer but I dance all the time. I am nowhere near a good dancer, but I am super dedicated to mastering this just for my own sake not even as a source of income. anyways I know life purpose has to do with stuff that's related to your strengths but I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing something that i'm not the best at or should I just find something within my strengths that I enjoy? keep in mind I'm 22 with no real talent of my own

Beware of limiting beliefs. Ideas like 'no real talent' or 'nowhere near good' stem from being put down or lacking support in childhood. This mindset is harmful. I have worked with children, and much of the effort - particularly with girls, I found - is in pushing children to attempt attainable goals and not be afraid, nor to give up after the first try. But it's an issue for adults as well, as I found when I was a driving instructor!

Of course, it is OK to take lessons or get support in building your passion, developing your skills and finding your own niche - nobody gets all that far on their own. In end-of-life studies (deathbed interviews), people often comment that they wish they had lived their life more fearlessly. 

I think it's very unproductive if you already have this mindset that you are not good at something, it doesn't really create the motivation in you to get something done. 

Maybe before thinking about a purpose, simply focus on warming yourself up to the idea that you are really ready to do something in your life. This means upgrading your skills and improving your self esteem. 

Remove those negative self beliefs that are eating you inside. It's a recipe for Insecurity. 

Don't give into such thoughts. Saying that you are good at nothing is not going to help you at all. 

If you're passionate about dance, maybe see what you can do there. But look for something concrete. Don't just fool around with something just for the sake of it because then it just becomes another tunnel that leads to nothing.. 

But I really sense a mindset problem with you rather than a purpose problem. Seems like you already have all the talent but hesitant to put your hand at anything. You will need to rapidly change this mindset to something more grounding and foundational because no life purpose can sustain such a flimsy foundational mindset. You're simply being too insecure about yourself. 

I'm sure you have several other talents that you might haven't explored at all and exploring those can open up so many possibilities for you. 

Just work on your mindset and test your talents. Also join courses and classes to get more skills, employable skills that will he helpful when you finally decide a life purpose. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

i mean the more you are aligned with your life purpose and passion and the better you get at it, the better your life gets and the more value you can provide to others.

So might as well start chipping away at it now no matter what age you are. 

You probably have a lot of God given talents you just haven't discovered yet.

also talent and gifts are usually half discovered half created through hard work and experience.