Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ItsNick

Good News for The Netherlands

8 posts in this topic

Good news if you live in The Netherlands! We just have one less far-right political leader. Thierry Baudet steps down.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/11/thierry-baudet-stands-down-as-far-right-fvd-party-leader/

This is good news because this was one of the most dangerous politicians here who lied like Trump but then a lot more intelligent. His party was nexit supporting, nationalist, white supremacist, had ties to the Kremlin, sexist, homophobic....well if you're Dutch I'm sure you know.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Good news indeed! Something for the Dutch to be thankful for this week as well!

Although I do wonder how he got so far in the first place.

With the Dutch something is really going on. I could sense it. Some of the right wing type members who came from there. It felt like they straight up came from some militia group. 

I didn't know the political situation there was this bad. 

But one bad apple out really doesn't change much. That one will be quickly replaced by another. 

I think the solution is a major overhaul in social mentality and that will take years to decades. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I didn't know the political situation there was this bad. 

It's not. It's a lot better than in most countries in the world, really. But just like in the states and basically everywhere else there's a lot of polarisation. The far-right is on the rise and deluding many people with propaganda and conspiracies. But these politicians are so unstable that sometimes, luckily, they shoot themselves in the foot. The far-right leader Thierry Baudet wanted to destroy his entire political party because the other members could not stand him anymore.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Some of the right wing type members who came from there.

Well they can come from anywhere I guess :P

But the conservatives here have to put up with a growing Stage Green. People are fleeing the traditional right-wing parties because even they now realize climate change is real and accept LGBTQ+ rights. This might make them extra agressive I dunno

@Preety_India I'm from the Netherlands and I feel like overall we're doing relatively good. I'm not too involved with politics here, but it definitely doesn't seem as bad as the USA is atm. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@ItsNick I'm curious, I want to get more into politics here, but I am conflicted on sourcing. Where do you usually get your news-updates and info from?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V I'm a bit conflicted on sourcing too. We don't have really good online, independent progressive news networks like the US has. I mostly get my news from NOS and Nu.nl. Other than that Lubach's show is pretty good but mostly for comedy (although that show is ending soon).