LfcCharlie4

Grounding- WOW.

9 posts in this topic

Just found out about Grounding from Wim Hof video comments and went down the rabbit hole, and found this documentary, definitely worth a watch! 

Ended up buying a grounding sheet & pillow for sleep, mat for when working & even for my shoes. Going to also incorporate some actual Grounding in my daily routine, although it's harder in the UK with shitty, rainy weather! 

Anyways, This is the documentary:

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Just got me a grounding mat. I plan to sleep on it at night lmao as Im getting used to sleeping on the floor. 

just finished watching it, downloaded the book, i wanna hear people's thoughts and more experiences with this, seems legit.

i have thoracic pain and i remember i used to go to green park after the gym in London and just lay down beneath the trees and something genuinely happens, it's fucking magical, i lied down and it's like all the unnecessary pain is drained out of me, even the thoughts slow down... 

furthermore, i've been researching how sleeping on the floor is crazy more beneficial for people than on a mattress, it's what the japanese have been doing for a while and some other eastern cultures, traditionally.

Edited by levani

So I came across this video saying grounding mats are harmful. Not sure what to think about it. I have no innerstanding of electricity whatsoever.

@Vipassana IDK if it's the same elsewhere and I can only speak for the UK but, this is what the website says: 

'In the UK, a mains earth connection is required by law and is almost universally present. The Earthing sheet comes with a cord which allows you to connect the sheet to the Earth connection of a standard plug socket (this is the top hole of any mains outlet), and it is this that is used to Earth the sheet. The sheet itself is lined with a pure silver thread which makes the material highly conductive and this allows one to be physically Earthed when in contact with the sheet. 

'It is important to point out that the sheet does not run on electricity, nor does it even come into contact with electricity. The plug is designed only to connect to the earth point of the socket and is not connected to the live electrical ports.

A common misconception about Earthing technology is that when you ground yourself indoors by connecting to a mains plug socket, “dirty electricity” comes through the cord to the Earthing sheet, and through your body. However, this would be impossible as there can be no current on Earthing products connected to a plug socket because they are connected to one Earth point only, and not part of a closed circuit necessary for a current to flow. No “dirty electricity” can flow through the Earthing sheet, and then through the body because you are not part of a closed DC circuit. For a more detailed explanation, here is a useful resource from the Official Earthing Institute: http://www.earthinginstitute.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/beware-of-earthing-misinformation-2018.pdf '

That PDF explains it all, but you'd have to investigate the electricity in your own home, obviously the best bet is walking barefoot in nature for 15-30 mins a day, but in the UK, with the cold & wet weather for half the year that can be difficult! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Also, check the comments on this article- 

How Earthing Can Zap Inflammation, Increase Deep Sleep & Much More! (bengreenfieldfitness.com)

Seems the dity electricity myth has been busted, AS LONG as your power supply is grounded, like I said we're lucky in the UK, so you gotta test your own.

If what @LfcCharlie4 was saying is the case, then make sure to check if the socket has a grounding wire. Not all sockets do, if there are only two wires connecting it then it's missing the green and yellow grounding wire. 

@fridjonk yes!! 

This is the crucial element, like I said in the UK it’s law & all relatively new houses have it. 

I don’t know about everywhere else in the world, but the best way to experience it would be barefoot walking in any form of nature. That’s just hard in suburban UK! 

Last year, after watching that documentary and reading the book "Earthing" (Ober, Sinatra, Zucker), I got myself a mat for under my desk and one for on my bed as well.

My first experience was with the one under my desk, where I noticed pretty clearly a more relaxed feeling / deeper breaths, shortly after putting my feet on it. I probably had the same (noticeable) experience for a couple more times, but after some point I didn't really notice it anymore.

With the one on my bed it was quite similar: when I lied down on bed I would feel more relaxed and noticed deeper breaths as well. After a couple of times I didn't notice it anymore either.

Another observation was that around that time, I was experimenting with keto diet, and I would consistently get a rash shortly after I entered ketosis. When I was using the mats, this rash would appear more quickly after entering ketosis. Not sure what to make of that.

I haven't used the mats now for a year or so. I did try the mat under my desk a few times this year, just to check if I would get the same effect, but it didn't come back (even after not using it for months).

I know ~6 people who have tried it as well: 2-3 didn't notice anything, 3-4 noticed something in the beginning, but after that no noticeable effect anymore, just like me.

Though I guess even if it's not noticeable there can be some benefits, but personally I tried quite a lot of things last year regarding biohacking etc, and at some point I decided to cut down on the never ending search of all the latest 'hacks'/tools/optimizations etc, and simplify my habits to only keep the more fundamental ones that don't necessarily need the newest tools and gadgets.

Would be interested to hear your experiences after you've been using it for a month or so :)