Choks

Leaving A Career And Passion For Another. Help.

5 posts in this topic

I am very confused right now on which path should I take between my top 2 passions. I'm almost 26 years old with a bachelor's in business. My top 3 passions are fitness, personal development and cars. 

I chose I wanted to work with cars for the rest of my life 3 years ago. I could spent hours looking at videos, shows, or reading about cars. I have dedicated 3 years of my life into this. I have certifications, i started from the bottom and now I am a manager of the body shop division in an auction company. Not bad for starters but my goal is to have my own business. 

What really opened my eyes was Leo's video about psychedelics. I feel I'm a slave, having to be somewhere at a certain time, dealing with stress, barely having time to read and exercise. I was commuting to work and Leo was saying: "what the fuck are you doing? wake up! what else will arouse you from your ignorance!? what you call a meaning for life is a farse, meaningless, a story you have constructed." And i could actually agree with him on that. What else could I be doing better than improving myself, reading, working out, eating healthy, getting good sleep, taking care of myself. And to make things worse, the car industry is the cause of so much harm to our planet and our environment and I feel I don't want to contribute to that.

Long story short. I am considering leaving my passion for cars and slowly moving towards the path of becoming a personal fitness trainer concentrated in nutrition, and hopefully on the long run incorporate personal development, have my website or blog etc. The thing is, i just want to read, and exercise. I want to learn more about philosophy, sociology and many other interesting fields. I want to learn another language, and be more connected with nature. I also love to meditate! I want to grow myself and at the same time help others, sort of like what Leo does. I feel that working as a trainer I could work on my fitness, help others, and have the time to read and meditate. But despite all the downsides, I still love cars! I already have a lot of experience, and I would throw everything to the garbage and start all over again getting certifications to be a trainer. I'm kind of scared that later on I will regret having changed my path. Is a career in fitness worth it? any personal trainers that can give me advice?

Thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Do you actually have a passion for personal training itself, or do you just love working out? Those are two very different things. 

The best advice I can give you is be creative. You're going to have to be strategic and manufacture this ideal dream setup. And it's going to take time.

For instance, I love to read, write and meditate. Okay, how can I monetize these habits? By starting a book review blog and a youtube channel for meditation. People will pay me to do book reviews for them.

That was my solution. Your solution might look very different depending on your situation. How can you incorporate all these things you love into your life? Keep in mind not everything you do has to be your career.

Your ideas sound a lot like Elliot Hulses youtube channel. You can check it out.

You don't have to make a decision right away. Maybe you can do both at the same time. I mean you can work on cars and make YouTube videos or a website about personal development. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Choks

On 9/7/2016 at 0:34 AM, Choks said:

I am very confused right now on which path should I take between my top 2 passions. I'm almost 26 years old with a bachelor's in business. My top 3 passions are fitness, personal development and cars. 

I chose I wanted to work with cars for the rest of my life 3 years ago. I could spent hours looking at videos, shows, or reading about cars. I have dedicated 3 years of my life into this. I have certifications, i started from the bottom and now I am a manager of the body shop division in an auction company. Not bad for starters but my goal is to have my own business. 

What really opened my eyes was Leo's video about psychedelics. I feel I'm a slave, having to be somewhere at a certain time, dealing with stress, barely having time to read and exercise. I was commuting to work and Leo was saying: "what the fuck are you doing? wake up! what else will arouse you from your ignorance!? what you call a meaning for life is a farse, meaningless, a story you have constructed." And i could actually agree with him on that. What else could I be doing better than improving myself, reading, working out, eating healthy, getting good sleep, taking care of myself. And to make things worse, the car industry is the cause of so much harm to our planet and our environment and I feel I don't want to contribute to that.

Long story short. I am considering leaving my passion for cars and slowly moving towards the path of becoming a personal fitness trainer concentrated in nutrition, and hopefully on the long run incorporate personal development, have my website or blog etc. The thing is, i just want to read, and exercise. I want to learn more about philosophy, sociology and many other interesting fields. I want to learn another language, and be more connected with nature. I also love to meditate! I want to grow myself and at the same time help others, sort of like what Leo does. I feel that working as a trainer I could work on my fitness, help others, and have the time to read and meditate. But despite all the downsides, I still love cars! I already have a lot of experience, and I would throw everything to the garbage and start all over again getting certifications to be a trainer. I'm kind of scared that later on I will regret having changed my path. Is a career in fitness worth it? any personal trainers that can give me advice?

Thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated!

By no means am I car savvy or knowledgeable about cars.... but what about making/designing/inventing cars that are more environment friendly?  They've already started to create cars that are electric.....what about solar powered cars? etc.  Why not be able to travel, but without the expense of hurting Mother Earth?  We need people out there like you that can come forward and emphasize how important it is to take care of the world we live in.  Just an idea. 

If you wake up every morning and you are excited and look forward to working with cars than perhaps it is your life purpose.  And if you can find a way especially to give back to others, your going to feel that personal fulfillment and gratification you are looking for.

If you take Leo's Life Purpose course you'll get a better idea of what your life path is. I took the course and I now have direction and purpose.

And who says that you can't do both?  Be a personal trainer and work with cars?  You could own your own business have people work for you and still have time for yourself and your health.  You won't know unless you go out there and take that risk, or find out.  But you can take smart risks and do it in a smart way. You could still work with cars while getting your personal trainer certification and then you will know for sure. Also you may want to interview and talk with personal trainers and do research to see how others are doing in the industry, and ways you can improve it and be better.

And making mistakes is not the end of the world either that people make it out to be. It's the perception that is important.  How we perceive mistakes.  Mistakes are for learning and for growth.  When we make mistakes we learn what is good or bad, what we like or dislike, etc.  Just do it in a smart way so that you can get the best benefit from it. And most important stay positive!