Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dodo

Enlightened In My Dreams

12 posts in this topic

In my dreams i often, if not always nowadays, after i jumped on the self actualisation path, feel like i am enlightened in them. By that i mean that when i remember the dream i am very confused because i remember being everyone and everything within the dream, even though there was usually a story around me as myself, but i didnt feel that me any more myself as anything else in the dream.

Now is that something like a hint from my subconscious, which is way wiser than my concious self, to show me that life is the dream of the one conciousness and we are all parts of that dream, but since the conciousness dreams me, that would mean that i am that dreaming conciousness as much as the me i dream is me.

Also ive realised that in dreams, since the logical part of the brain is asleep more or less, i never question what is happening and never sit down to contemplate what just happened. I just move on and dont analyze. I also dont think about what is going to happen, like a present moment guru, my dream self seems to always be effortlessly in that present moment, without judging it even when "sick shit" happens.

There was one dream of mine where i was being chased by some big organisation, trying to kill me, and i managed somehow to be calm and happy, but without trying to, and without knowing its a dream, while at the same time i was doing things to prevent it. Like the effortlessness amazes me, and it seems that the problem and the main suspect for the ego, the root, must be the logical mind. Because it keeps digging. And digging...

So, am i feeling real enlightenment in my dreams? Even if i dont get those benefits in wakeful life..

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Dodoster It seems that dreams are just more mind. It's the same in waking life too. We dream within this waking reality. How much different is a thought from a dream? A couple of minutes ago I was dreaming what to do for lunch today.xD I do have more dreams about enlightenment these days though.  While both awake and asleep.

You can't "feel" enlightenment.

Enlightenment is all there is. It's just what is already the case. 

"You" are only in the way. Find this "you" that wants to be enlightened. Is that "you" a thought? A sensation? Both? What makes those thoughts and sensations "yours"? Another thought? Dig dig dig.

On a side note, does the brain or the subconscious even exist in your direct experience? I'm serious. Take a look.

Cheers.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

1 minute ago, jjer94 said:

You can't "feel" enlightenment.

Enlightenment is all there is. It's just what is already the case. 

"You" are only in the way. Find this "you" that wants to be enlightened. Is that "you" a thought? A sensation? Both? What makes those thoughts and sensations "yours"? Another thought? Dig dig dig.

On a side note, does the brain or the subconscious even exist in your direct experience? I'm serious. Take a look.

Cheers.

Well, during my dreams i dont feel enlightened, its only when i awake and remember,then i think about what was that and think enlightenment might be an explanation.

My thoughts and sensations are mine, because i am experiencing them. I.e. I suffer or i experience joy through them.

In my direct experience my brain exists, because i can sense it. During my sleep, i have never even had a thought related to my brain. Because that's something the logical mind does.

The subconscious definitely exists and it has shown that during my dreams the most, because i can get lost in it, or even interact with it. I can even be lucid in it, very rarely.

Maybe the subconscious feeds me my actual thoights. I dont know, its all mental orgasms now, but i can definitely sense my brain, by breathing deep and feeling even pleasure like sensation when i dont think. Or think that i dont think.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Blah blah blah blah. Maybe you're not as ready for this inner work as I thought. Notice all of your stories about what you think is there, and your lack of actually looking to see what is there.

What makes experiences "yours"? What claims ownership over experience? A thought? Without that thought, could a "you" own anything?

You can sense your brain? Without the label "brain," does that sensation bear any resemblance to a brain? Or is it simply a sensation?

The subconscious exists? Really? Take a look in direct experience. Aren't there just thoughts popping up out of nowhere, including the thought that says, "the subconscious exists?" 

Listen less to your thought's stories and look more in your direct experience is the best advice that I can give you. 

Cheers!

—Arthur Janov

17 minutes ago, jjer94 said:

Blah blah blah blah. Maybe you're not as ready for this inner work as I thought. Notice all of your stories about what you think is there, and your lack of actually looking to see what is there.

What makes experiences "yours"? What claims ownership over experience? A thought? Without that thought, could a "you" own anything?

You can sense your brain? Without the label "brain," does that sensation bear any resemblance to a brain? Or is it simply a sensation?

The subconscious exists? Really? Take a look in direct experience. Aren't there just thoughts popping up out of nowhere, including the thought that says, "the subconscious exists?" 

Listen less to your thought's stories and look more in your direct experience is the best advice that I can give you. 

Cheers!

The I Am claims ownership, doesnt it? If i didnt know the label brain, it would just be a sensation, yes. I could imagine its a big cristal ball if i didnt know how it looks like also. But i link the sensation in between my skull as the proof that i have a brain in my direct experience, which was your question. Im a bit puzzled and maybe i should be. Aftet all im thinking logically. :|

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Gooood! I'm glad you're confused.

What is the I Am? What makes it the I Am? Who claims ownership over the I Am? More thoughts appearing out of nowhere?

In between your skull? Do you directly experience a skull? Do you directly experience "Inside the skull?" Or are those more thoughts that say you do? 

Anything that requires proof is inevitably bullshit. Tattoo that on your sleeve. Only you direct experience counts, not the thought's stories about direct experience. 

All the best.

—Arthur Janov

So beyond the I am thought, there is the unmanifested nothingness surrounding it, that the i feeds itself new thoughts from? And if the i thought becomes aware of itself and starts looking in the darkness conciously, it shines its light on the darkness, like a ray of light? Is the I the light of this world as Jesus puts it?

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Very beautifully poetic, Dodo! Although I'm not asking for more bullshit stories in your catalogue of bullshit stories. I'm asking you to actually look with no preconceived notions in your direct experience. Any question I ask is a focus point to confirm in direct experience, not an opportunity to spew logical proofs, quotes, or something someone else told you.

Forget about "unmanifest nothingness" for a second.

The I-thought. Is it not just another thought that arises? Just the same as "the sky is blue" or "chicken is for dinner" or "Jesus said ____"? If so, it comes and goes like all thoughts. But what you really are is still there, is it not? That which knows experience, without the need for logical knowledge?

—Arthur Janov

How to let go of the i thought? I am that which sees the i thought? Welp i guess i cant respond with words cause u alrdy said that anything i say would be wrong :D

Im continually contemplating on what you wrote

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Dodoster I didn't say that. I just ask you to describe what you see in direct experience. 

Good, you're on the right track.

Notice how that which "sees" or "knows" the I-thought, or any thought for that matter, has no quality to it. It's not a thing or an object at all. 

Who said you have to let go of the I-thought? It's just a thought. What in your experience gives it power? Is it another thought that says "This I is a real thing and it should be believed"? Is it sensations that go along with the thought, maybe around where the eyes are? Do you own those sensations or do those sensations just appear?

What is the "I" that wants to let go of the I-thought? Another thought? Where is the doer/chooser/let-goer in your experience? Can you find it, or is it just another thought that says "I choose/I do/I need to let go"?

I think you've got enough material to chew on for awhile. 

Cheers!

—Arthur Janov