Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cat

What are awakenings?

5 posts in this topic

I see some people on this forum and also some comment sections on youtube who say "I have awakenings".

What does this mean or what do you personally mean by this?

What exactly are you awakening to anyway?

When people say this I get a certain feeling that it's something separate from Enlightenment

From what I understand Enlightenment is a form of awakening. But is awakening what someone would call Enlightenment or would that be something completely different?

Enlightenment is a permanent state of awakening. Even then, the light can still grow brighter or dimmer, but it is always on.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Cat Enlightened is what people call themselves when they've jailbroken their mind to the point where it might as well not even be there. Liberation on the other hand is just what is.

Edited by The0Self

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I see some people on this forum and also some comment sections on youtube who say "I have awakenings".

What does this mean or what do you personally mean by this?

What exactly are you awakening to anyway?

When people say this I get a certain feeling that it's something separate from Enlightenment

From what I understand Enlightenment is a form of awakening. But is awakening what someone would call Enlightenment or would that be something completely different?

These are all just words when people say they have an awakening they mean they had a sudden realization of something they realized they already knew but was pretending not too. Some are minor some are major and will make you unable to function. There’s an infinite range of awakenings because awakening is just a word that points to the moment of extreme insight into the nature of the Self . 

People really like to confuse this and fall into beliefs of what it is.

Awakening

Definition:

"A broad term for progressing to a new stage of development which brings on a new perspective so radically different it's as if seeing [the truth] for the first time; hence the 'opening eyes' / 'waking up' analogy."  

"Awakening does not refer to any specific awakening; any such implication is not official." 

Intended meaning (by prevalence of usage) (ime)

Orange → Green.   Blue → Orange.   Yellow → Turquoise.  Green → Yellow.

(Those who've recently turned green tend to use this term a lot.  It's pretty much gained a second unofficial definition of "stage Green", whether the users of it are aware of Spiral Dynamics or not.  That's just how Greens use it..)

Enlightenment

Strictest Interpretation  (Limited Data):

"Unprecedented transcendence of reality."  Far beyond stage Turquoise.  Likely beyond Jesus/Buddha level.  Not just death of ego, but consciousness at this point is so vast & advanced that the very rules of reality are "negotiable".  Technology is no-longer needed at this point as something like that would require consciously creating limitations (e.g.  energy/speed) for technology to just solve them automatically..  WE benefit from learning by making tech to solve problems, but eventually it's nothing but a toy.  It's not even that at some point some admins say "you know what.. here.. we're promoting you to admin status", it does work like that to an extent for system wide changes, but mostly you just realize you're already an admin ..eventually, when the others have caught up. 

This reality manipulation ability is just the natural progression of what Yellow/Turquoise often point out:  "intent affects future probability" and the Green: "you create your reality".  Just between tens to hundreds of thousands of years in the future (..why you've never of this and never will again  ..don't ask.)

Strictest Practical Interpretation / Most Accurate (imo):

"The upper end of stage Turquoise.  Complete emotional mastery;  complete lack of attachment to anything, including the self."

Stage Green/Turquoise:

Greens often assume there is only one Enlightenment so when they turn Green, they think they've made it.  They see anyone Turquoise as Green.

Mini-Enlightenment / Enlightenment-Experience:

"Something almost anyone can experience.  Often marked by experiences of sudden expanded-awareness.  These can sometimes trigger actual permanent changes."

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.