Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bennett oppel

A few thoughts on god

13 posts in this topic

I've noticed that a lot of people talk about one god a lot or being god. To my mind though one god is really just a very trivial part of the infinite. Infinity is a lot bigger than a very small concept of one entity or structure being everything. There is to my mind an entity that is the one god that people talk about but still this is just one insignificant part of the infinite. Infinity of ideas captures all these things and as such infinite goddesses or gods exist in this space but as a flash  in the all. Relatively speaking we have the powers of god but relative to each other it creates a very absurd illusion where all this cancels out. That's the brutal truth of it. If you can think of a bigger concept than one god then you might expand past what is a very limiting barrier and actually start seeing things in a much more expansive picture.

@bennett oppel

Yes. God is practically a figure of speech. The infinite is the infinite. What’s God? An experience? What amazement! Good god!

Edited by The0Self

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

@bennett oppel

Yes. God is practically a figure of speech. The infinite is the infinite. What’s God? An experience? What amazement! Good god!

Gods just a state of mind but a very limiting one at that

8 minutes ago, Member said:

It is not limiting. Once you realize that you're God, these limits are so absurd that all the infinite worlds you're imagining right now are nothing compared to you.

I'll explain where its limiting.

1) An unlimited entity is incapable of keeping its word because its unlimited and to keep its word limits it, this is quite a serious problem

2) An unlimited entity is incapable of making an absolute choice because to make an absolute choice limits it, hence it can only make transient choices

A sensible "god" limits itself very carefully over time from committing acts of a) stupidity and b) gross evil. Its still an unlimited object in one sense but should always be limiting its behavior more and more over time.

As a tip I suggest that rather than talking about "god" you actually ask yourself what you would do if you were god. Depending on how seriously you take that and what you decide you would do in that circumstance will determine how quickly you leave the mire of stupid beliefs.

@bennett oppel

1. "Incapable of keeping its word" has nothing to do with infinity. It is both capable/incapable of keeping it's word.

2. Choices are limiting only from a relative POV but from an absolute POV, they are the essence of what is.

As for what I would do if I were God, the answers is I have the freedom to do whatever I want. Because God is unlimited and it doesn't exclude stupidity and evil from your POV. Stupidity and evil could be something superior from a higher perspective.

3 minutes ago, Member said:

@bennett oppel

1. "Incapable of keeping its word" has nothing to do with infinity. It is both capable/incapable of keeping it's word.

2. Choices are limiting only from a relative POV but from an absolute POV, they are the essence of what is.

As for what I would do if I were God, the answers is I have the freedom to do whatever I want. Because God is unlimited and it doesn't exclude stupidity and evil from your POV. Stupidity and evil could be something superior from a higher perspective.

Your going to have to be more precise with your language. To use an analogy the devil is an unlimited object because he is capable of good and evil. "God" is perfect and cannot commit evil. In other words god limits himself/herself to be perfect. Perfection is a subset of all possible things.

So what would you do with that freedom if you were god? Would you be a demogog? Would you be a just god? Would you try and create life? If you did would you make that life lesser or equal to you? How would you pass the time? your answer tells me you have'nt really given it any real thought. Its not a question that you can give a trivial answer to.

I would create spacetime and enjoy manifesting myself through a myriad of dream forms. Oh wait...

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 minute ago, Moksha said:

I would create spacetime and enjoy manifesting myself through a myriad of dream forms. Oh wait...

Don't worry I already did that :)

2 minutes ago, bennett oppel said:

Don't worry I already did that :)

Yes I do ;)

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

6 minutes ago, bennett oppel said:

Your going to have to be more precise with your language. To use an analogy the devil is an unlimited object because he is capable of good and evil. "God" is perfect and cannot commit evil. In other words god limits himself/herself to be perfect. Perfection is a subset of all possible things.

So what would you do with that freedom if you were god? Would you be a demogog? Would you be a just god? Would you try and create life? If you did would you make that life lesser or equal to you? How would you pass the time? your answer tells me you have'nt really given it any real thought. Its not a question that you can give a trivial answer to.

The devil is the God's reflection, not something apart from it. It is the illusion or the dream that prevents you from staying awake forever. Perfection has nothing to do with right or wrong because it transcends all the human concepts. As for what I would try to do, nothing would change because I am Life. Your questions are trivial as far as I can tell.

3 minutes ago, Member said:

The devil is the God's reflection, not something apart from it. It is the illusion or the dream that prevents you from staying awake forever. Perfection has nothing to do with right or wrong because it transcends all the human concepts. As for what I would try to do, nothing would change because I am Life. Your questions are trivial as far as I can tell.

Ok well you can have your imperfect belief in an entity that can commit acts of stupidity and evil. If you believe that perfection is elusive to human concepts than you will never really understand perfection. If you can't understand how to answer the questions I set you then you don't really understand the paradox of god.