spicy_pickles

Ready To Work Towards Enlightenment

5 posts in this topic

I'm ready, but I want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction for the right reasons. 

I will try and beat explain my situation right now. It's actually been like this for awhile now. I FEEL like I am someone completely different than who I am right now. 

When I think back, long long back, I see the person who I am meant to be - confident, strong, independent, free, happy.  

I FEEL like I am meant for something more.  

Now I am more of a lazy slug.  I let my emotions get the better of me (example explained in my previous post of getting fed up/angry/involved with other people's problems).  I am jaded because of past experiences, when I should actually be looking at these situations as having nothing to do with me at all.  

When I sit in silence and close my eyes, I visualize the person I want to become.  Positive, happy, energetic, but certainly not willing to settle for the negativity others bring to me.  Being strong, willing to stick up for myself.  Sticking to what I feel is right.  

I admire family members who can do this.  They are individuals who have no problem helping someone out, but also recognize when to say no.  Then there is me, who feels as though I need to problem solve everything in order to maintain peace and balance and harmony.  When a problem arises, and they are confronted with an overly emotional person, they are able to take a step back and rationally accept the situation for what it is as opposed to feeding off the emotion.  They are confident in themselves yet happy and full of joy.  

I obviously want to be my own person and not be like anyone else, but I just see these qualities and take a look at myself, and realize I have some work to do. 

On 2016-08-31 at 6:18 AM, spicy_pickles said:

I'm ready,

When I think back, long long back, I see the person who I am meant to be - confident, strong, independent, free, happy.  

I FEEL like I am meant for something more.  

When I sit in silence and close my eyes, I visualize the person I want to become.  Positive, happy, energetic, but certainly not willing to settle for the negativity

I admire family members who can do this.  They are individuals who have no problem helping someone out, but also recognize when to say no.  

They are confident in themselves yet happy and full of joy.  

I obviously want to be my own person and not be like anyone else, but I just see these qualities and take a look at myself, and realize I have some work to do. 

@spicy_pickles  Your desire for positive change is all you need and you have it ,  you can grow or expand on the desire for change by studying material that's relevant to your particular situation. Your complete situation including the ego etc.

That's great, but do you desire absolute truth? If what you want is to be a better person, you're missing the point of enlightenment work. That's a by product of honest inquiry/contemplation.

Let  Truth, Love and Beauty be your guide. These things are the pointers towards and ultimately part of that which you seek.