Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Is there actually more hate online and on media apps towards Biden than for Trump?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've lately been scrolling through a lot of comments made on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. about both Biden/Harris and Trump/Pence. Now, my concern here is have there actually been more hateful/antagonizing/trolling comments that have been made on both online and on all kinds of social media and content apps for Biden and his entire campaign than there have been for Trump and his entire campaign?

I don't know how you'd quantify that with an eye test instead of an algorithm, because it would depend entirely on what sources you're looking at. Left leaning sources will overwhelmingly troll Trump, and vice versa. It's just the nature of online media now where you're recommended similar things in your feed to what you consume, because a reliable visitor = more $$$.

It probably goes a roughly even amount each way, but the larger problem I'd argue is how much of a plague the negativity is in general. People have become so radicalized and invested that I'm willing to bet regardless of the election outcome upwards of 100+ people will die from rioting and clashing protestors.

To direct blame at the voters and politicians would be shortsighted and misguided in my opinion, the real catalysts of this situation are companies like Facebook who refuse to take appropriate responsibility for facilitating the social environments that lead to this kind of erosion. They need to be regulated into the ground, and be forced to change the way their sites fundamentally operate.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

This is obvious because Biden voters are not interested in showing hate. 

On the other hand those who are showing hate for Biden are mostly Trumpists or Trump voters and they are doing Trump's dirty job by coming online and showing hate for Biden. They are naturally interested in showing hate, because that's what Trump teaches them to do at his rallies, he tremendously spreads hate at his super spreader events. Trump loves to divide the country into red states and blue states, he loves to divide voters as Trumpists and deplorables. His minions are working online overtime to ensure that people are hated if they vote for Biden. Just another example of voter suppression and hype creation. Biden voters are generally peaceful folks not interested in doing these showman tactics. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

53 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

This is obvious because Biden voters are not interested in showing hate. 

On the other hand those who are showing hate for Biden are mostly Trumpists or Trump voters and they are doing Trump's dirty job by coming online and showing hate for Biden. They are naturally interested in showing hate, because that's what Trump teaches them to do at his rallies, he tremendously spreads hate at his super spreader events. Trump loves to divide the country into red states and blue states, he loves to divide voters as Trumpists and deplorables. His minions are working online overtime to ensure that people are hated if they vote for Biden. Just another example of voter suppression and hype creation. Biden voters are generally peaceful folks not interested in doing these showman tactics. 

Yeah, I see what you mean. However, is it not concerning that most people on Biden's side are not coming off as fighters like most people on Trump's side?

Edited by Hardkill