integral

A insight on how Vitamin Knowledge and Research are Still in the Dark Ages

6 posts in this topic

@Michael569 What are your thoughts on this?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral

We are in the Dark Ages regarding health in general.

There's no doubt in my mind that if humanity survives, we will see our current medical system as totally barbaric.

@integral  If you think about it, vitamins are just a bunch of molecules that happen to play an important biochemical role somewhere in the body. It does not mean there are no other, equally important molecules. 

Take C & E, they are just antioxidants in a same way that resveratrol or EGCG is. Vitamin D isn't even a vitamin, its a hormone. Vitamin K is a clotting factor, a fibrinogen could easily be named vitamin F.  The entire B complex ae just bunch of cofactors, kinda like screws holding important pieces together. Other molecules have similar roles but they probably have their own fancy names. 

Naming vitamins is mainly just playing around with words but we know that that are other more important molecules now than bunch of vitamins & minerals. Thousands of polyphenols & phytonutrients that we don't even know yet. You could take them and name them Vitamin Z complex or invent completely new names and sell them in capsules. 

It's kinda like naming planets. Greeks & Romans used the names of the gods on the planets they could see but now we know so many other planets that nobody bothers with names so they are just bunch of weird numbers and letters. 

I don't know much about Vitamin G or B24 and never heard about it but they could be known under different names in biology. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  To my knowledge resveratrol is a xenochemical triggering glutathione product within the body,whereas Vitamin E directly reduces free radicals due to its molecular structure.

That's this big lie that plants and polyphenols are these great antioxidants, where in reality they are xenotoxins getting filtered by the liver and thus glutathione pathways are activated. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

1 hour ago, UDT said:

To my knowledge resveratrol is a xenochemical triggering glutathione product within the body,whereas Vitamin E directly reduces free radicals due to its molecular structure.

That's this big lie that plants and polyphenols are these great antioxidants, where in reality they are xenotoxins getting filtered by the liver and thus glutathione pathways are activated. 

Resveratrol has the same function as vitamin E but perhaps more systemic. It is a radical scavenger as well (among others) by having a spare electron on the outer shell of the atom that it can donate without becoming a free radical (a molecule with one electron missing on the outer shell) itself. As such resveratrol can this way neutralise another free radical and prevent damage that molecule could have done to a tissue or even DNA molecule. This is not its only function and it can exert its effect in other pathways such as impacting cell cycle, stopping a LOX or COX inflammatory pathway by blocking NF-kB from being released out of the nuclear core and other. 

I agree with you that polyphenols induce a small amount of stress in the liver but the human body needs to be exposed to small-grade stress constantly. Even things like sunshine exposure or exercise. They are actually harmful in the shortest amount of time but beneficial in the long-term by maintaining hormesis on the mitochondrial level.

The problem is when we start to capsule polyphenols and create supplements out of them where they can turn toxic and pro-inflammatory. There are undeniable benefits of plant polyphenols on human health even things like phytic acid which is wrongly being accused of being toxic however humans have become greedy, started isolating them & selling them which is where you are asking for problems. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  Interesting stuff whats the pro side of Phytic Acid ? It is so negatively charged that it binds Cations (e.g. important Minerals) so they cant be absorbed.
They bind on sugar which is not really a good thing if you eating a conscious diet, then they got some anti cancer stuff which is always sketchy, maybe the best effect is anti-inflammatory properties on the gut, but how that works and if it offsets the mineral binding effect, I dont know.

Regarding vitamins:

Vitamin basically means essential organic compound used by human body to do stuff which is good. 

Consider the fact that we know Idk about 2% of molecules which are in food or smth like that? Thats your answer to the dark ages. 

The same as infinite expands to the universe it expands to the tiny molekules and their interdependencies. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?