Reciprocality

Emotions and Reason

23 posts in this topic

@Nahm Haha well thank you, but i explicitly stated why i wrote as i did, you even quoted that part. Even tho it IS the same as "beautiful beauty" i used it to make an important distinction. To distinguish the means from the end, only with the openness to the means also BEING an end in itself.

Words meaning can be manipulated so to express new meaning, and hopefully the reciever get its meaning, and if he don't he can ask why.

Edit, not merely asking why but aksing for clearification. :)

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

It ceases to amaze me, except when I'm stealing alcohol from a homeless old woman after she got kicked out of her foreclosed home because I'm desperate and she's nearly dead, how much memory influences every conceivable notion we have about reality, inversely this is analogous to the process of comparison with synchrony and diachrony with the exception that we often speak without taking the history of our lives into account and even when we try we can hardly try to do so without being biased towards some direction as well as how the state of how we remember things, especially autobiography, is often influenced by our present sychronous emotions while neglecting as well the diachronic build up (again applied analogously this time to emotions).

Who is the but a disco ball forced to only flash its lights to the beat of whatever music is on at the time with no control over what tunes get played and how they get played, we are but the lights cast on the wall in the dancing hall thinking that those are the real lights representing ourselves perhaps. Or to parallel the original conversation, perhaps the lights flashing agains the wall is the reason and the actual lights themselves coming from he disco ball the emotion and the music being played the memory feedback loop we have no control over. Getting this perhaps confusing analogy will take a little more lateral thinking than the others.

In relation to the visual illusions themselves no need to share your answers there haha was just providing examples but interesting to get your feedback!

@Origins“And I see these descriptions here as convergent divergent abilities rather than divergent abilities onto themselves, something that I’ve only now just described for the first time to myself. “

"That is certaintly one way to explicate it, although it presumably leaves out parts of the totality of the conversation, that is those parts which have to do with ‘ends in themselves’, ‘sensations without predicates’ ‘first principles’ etc."

Oh here I was referring to a cognitively abstract process that occurs in the context of the directionality of potential creative thinking, this might just be a language issue and the same with your mention on Kant, let me know if you'd like me to explain in another way, including anything else here I'd be more than happy to!

And as for philosophical terms I'm poorly read! So feel free to pile them on I'm happy to research and learn more as I've been doing! Otherwise as for the old woman I made sure I bought her some soup to make up for the trouble I caused after stealing a buskers money I needed to pay for it!

Edited by Origins

@Reciprocality

5 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

Words meaning can be manipulated so to express new meaning, and hopefully the reciever get its meaning, and if he don't he can ask why.

I hear ya. Vision, with new meaning, could even be thought of as a sensation, for example. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE