Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kay100

Effective ways to release anger physically

6 posts in this topic

I have heard about built up resentment will turn into anger. I think I can feel a lot of anger sometimes due to feeling resentment from time to time. Last week there was one day I was feeling quite angry and I was in the kitchen doing some washing up the dishes. I was feeling angry so I was kind of banging the bowls and plates, I was putting them down to the counter harshly because of the anger. So I was doing this kind of banging for like 20 minutes. In the back of my mind I was thinking, well this is how it's going to be today because I was feeling too angry so there's no way I can control it. 

But unexpectedly, after doing this sort of banging for more than 20 minutes, suddenly I began to feel like all the feeling of anger disappeared. It's like they all left me. And soon I was feeling free and calm, back to my normal self again.

I didn't expect this to happen at all. But I guess what I was doing was similar to people punching pillows or hitting the boxing bag to release their anger. I was never sure if doing things like that might fuel your anger even more or not. But looks like for me, it does help a lot with releasing anger.

Does this work for everyone?

I do not think that this will work for everyone, I can imagine that as you said that there might be people who would rather feel like their anger is being fueled further by "living" the aggressiveness and following through with respective actions. But I have had similar experiences with anger release that is to say I could release anger by hitting some wood against trees or breaking branches (that were already lying around in the forest) into small pieces. Screaming works effectively too sometimes. I also experienced that by releasing my anger, sometimes the underlying emotion comes through so that I might end up crying in the end which helps me too release accumulated emotions and tension as well.

I think it is important to also develop the skill of simply letting go (which I am still working on) because there may be situations in your life when smashing someting, banbing some objects, or screaming is simply inappropriate and will cause further complications. 

And one has to be very careful and watch themselves in order to find out whether living out aggressive energy is actually directed towards letting go and release or whether they rather get worked up about something even further when doing so because then the whole situation might escalate. 

what about this?

couldn't do it though, ashamed what my neighbours might think.

maybe sports/running or the "letting go" technique

@Kay100 Yeah banging release anger, especially when you bang some women. 

Ok terrible joke sorry

You got the point though, anger needs to be released and when you don't it explodes in unhealthy ways and you can hurt someone. Banging the dishes in your case is really equal to punching the pillows. But if you try to free the anger even more you will broke your dishes so I suggest something else.

When I find myself angry I found useful listening to music that makes me feel angry (metal) and freeing myself by doing some workout.

Remember: don't ever resist to your emotions

hope that this has helped<3

@Kay100 Muay Thai Training

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

On 10/28/2020 at 7:10 PM, Kay100 said:

I have heard about built up resentment will turn into anger. I think I can feel a lot of anger sometimes due to feeling resentment from time to time. Last week there was one day I was feeling quite angry and I was in the kitchen doing some washing up the dishes. I was feeling angry so I was kind of banging the bowls and plates, I was putting them down to the counter harshly because of the anger. So I was doing this kind of banging for like 20 minutes. In the back of my mind I was thinking, well this is how it's going to be today because I was feeling too angry so there's no way I can control it. 

But unexpectedly, after doing this sort of banging for more than 20 minutes, suddenly I began to feel like all the feeling of anger disappeared. It's like they all left me. And soon I was feeling free and calm, back to my normal self again.

I didn't expect this to happen at all. But I guess what I was doing was similar to people punching pillows or hitting the boxing bag to release their anger. I was never sure if doing things like that might fuel your anger even more or not. But looks like for me, it does help a lot with releasing anger.

Does this work for everyone?

@Kay100

Exercise, physical activity and even sex (if you and your partner are on the same page with this)  @LeoX8 ?? is great to let it out / burn it off. Overall, all roads of anger lead to that one is themself the source of it, and it is discord. Anger is ultimately resolved by listening to the message therein. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE