Viking

releasing energy/tension in head

7 posts in this topic

i have often times tension or preasure or energy in my head. it makes me crave some food or masturbation because it feels if i eat or drink coffee or masturbate it will go away. ofc it doesnt, or maybe just slightly, and in the case of masturbation if i focus the energy to my head at the orgasm, i might have a headache.

i do also have with that a stiff neck and maybe a tense throat. i do get eye twitches and nerves crawling in my forehead.

in addition, i might have a hard time breathing, shortness of breath. even if i try doing breathing exercises it doesn't always help.

i also have some back pains.

the symptoms are worst in the morning and i have an especially hard time being fulfilled by my breath. i dont have asthma or any similar condition.

the symptoms might be eased when i hug my girlfriend amd the energy spreads throughout my body. im not sure on that one though, i might be just imagining.

@Viking  Buy a foam roller if you can. Foam roll your whole body, after that stretch and then exercise if possible. Be consistent with it.  I know what you mean when you say you feel a better when you hug your girlfriend. 
Get your trapezius muscles in your back stronger. That should help with the neck tension. For you head, relax, close your eyes and pressed them with your finger for a minute or so. Notice if that energy moves, you might feel relaxation after it.   
I’ll add a picture of the foam roller I have.  

0EB927ED-0CBC-4695-9035-C0495211E4FD.jpeg

@latina25 what can a foamroller do that stretches cant? and do you have any foam rolling routines as examples?

13 hours ago, Vadiminator said:

Is your third eye active?

i dont know. how do i figure that out?

@VikingIt’s stress. 

What worked for me was mindfulness throughout the day, which eventually led to spacious awareness, which is free of all tension.

Try to completely relax your face. Close your eyes and just sit quietly, just observing the tension in your head. As you do this, focus on your breath as well. Allow the tension to just be as you observe the breath. Can you notice the actual sensation of this tension? What does it feel like, without putting words to it.

as you do this, slowly feel the tension relaxing, little by little, melting away.

now this next part is important.

As you relax, feel a smile on your face slowly appear. Become mindful of THAT. Remain mindful of this smile, just rest IN it for a while.

Do this for as long as you like, as you slowly release the tension there by allowing this smile, which is not only on the outside, but also inside, to melt away the tension.

If it’s done right, and it should not be an effort full doing, but a relaxing into this, then you will feel the tension becoming at least manageable.

Try to continue this throughout your day, whenever you have moments to zone out. It can be done eyes open or closed, but maybe try closed first.

other things I would suggest, try to cut down your screen time, phones, computers, and try increase your “being” time in the day, physical activity is ideal, but if you can be mindful while doing it even better, walking through forest etc.

Good luck, and know that this peacefulness is what you are, the tension is just a sensation appearing in this bliss which is you.

Edited by Spaceofawareness

@Viking You need to learn how to control the sexual energy that flows into your body. It seems that currently, you are not able to control the flow which is causing you problems. 

Sexual energy can be controlled through breathing and visualization techniques. 

Hugging your gf helps you because she helps you to release that sexual energy. She is your healer. ;) 

If you want to learn the techniques, read some books from David Deida. 

On 11/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, Viking said:

@latina25 what can a foamroller do that stretches cant? and do you have any foam rolling routines as examples?

From the Ohio state university  medical center:

Popular thought is that foam rolling breaks up adhesions, reduces stiffness, decreases soreness, increases blood flow and reduces tissue tension, leading to improved recovery and performance.

Studies have shown that rolling out your muscles does decrease tissue tension and can improve your range of movement, increasing your speed and flexibility. While there are many benefits to rolling out your muscles prior to or following a workout, studies have also shown that foam rolling can be used without affecting muscle performance and strength and may just be used as a cheaper method of soft tissue massage.

When I foam roll my whole body , it feels like someone gave me a deep tissue massage.  

This video will explain what it does and doesn't. What he explains has been pretty much my experience too.  I just realized I don't know how to send videos or is not letting me send it.  Search up in youtube for:   The truth about foam rolling (full guide) by FitnessFAQs  . How to foam roll  look for: Full body rolling out routine- perfect form with Ashley Borden to give you an idea. 

I hope you feel better soon!