intotheblack

Is cycling a good form of excercise?

9 posts in this topic

I bike to and from work every day 6 miles all together but it’s really becoming a struggle for me.  Like, my legs just feel weaker and it’s really a struggle to push in the morning.  
At work I have to stand all day (I’m a barber)
coming home I feel exhausted. Today I took public transport to work for the first time since last winter.  Just because it’s colder and I couldn’t face the Bike ride to work. 

Is it possible that cycling is actually damaging my legs and could cause problems long term?

or is it simply that I’m over working my legs by Cycling and then standing the whole day?  

I also do yoga to try and build strength. 

i think standing the whole day is much worse than cycling

which part of your legs hurt, the knees?

@PurpleTree it’s not so much pain, it’s more like I don’t have the strength to push lol 

however, every now and then my right knee ‘gives way’ and sometimes I feel like an old woman bending down.  My knees feel creaky.  

Edited by intotheblack

I also get shoulder and upper back ache, which is why I do yoga to stretch it out.

12 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

I also get shoulder and upper back ache, which is why I do yoga to stretch it out.

my neck and knees are also not the best thus far, i can walk for hours and hours but i can't really kneel for example. could be due to inflammation  and genetics sometimes.

but if you don't have enough energy to push it could just be an exhaustion kind of issue, maybe some kind of vitamin or mineral deficiency.

maybe you don't get enough zinc or iron or b12, d3, c, magnesium, calcium, protein etc.

Take creatine for muscle recovery and magnesium for mind recovery.

@intotheblack Simple creatine monohydrate powder (5g daily). You can mix it with any drink since it's unflavored. Just make sure to drink plenty of water each day, depends on your weight but around 2-3 liters. 

What is your diet like? Sleep? Hydration? Coffee intake? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus