soos_mite_ah

Do guys not like shy girls

64 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Raphael said:

What would be not shy for you? Are there more things that you would like to do that your shyness is preventing you?

Not shy for me is when you aren't afraid to put yourself out there and make the first move. I'm going to be honest, I'm not exactly the most outwardly confident person even thought I do have a lot of self respect. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Do guys not like shy girls

No. Because of 2 things:

1. We are already lifting the heavy load by approaching you. Your shyness doesn't make it any easier. We will interpret your shyness as rejection

2. We will correlate your social shyness with sexual shyness. No guy wants a sexually shy girl.

My dating coach says there are no shy girls just low interest. But you are a girl and you say you are shy. So my dating coach is not right all the time. I gotta watch out for the trap of thinking he is always right...

Arc

Okay, so here's my two cents as a guy who does approach, and also gets laid (not as much as I'd like, but I'm not super skilled, and I'm naturally introverted).

Being shy isn't a problem in and of itself. The issue is that most guys (myself included), especially if they aren't used to approaching, can't keep a conversation going if the girl doesn't give them enough to work on. 

My advice would be to first practice making eye contact in guys you are interested in, smile if you can-- that way, the guy feels invited to approach. 

Next would be some basic conversational skills, like asking questions-- ideally when a guy approaches you he's looking for affinity, and so if you somewhat like the guy who approached you, you too should try to look for affinity. Ask questions about him. If he mentions something, you could ask about that. It helps if you actually are curious. 

If I was a girl, I'd probably still be shy-- unfortunately being shy doesn't let a guy get laid.

Alternatively, you can try meeting people online. Maybe it'll help to chat before meeting in person. 

Honestly if I find a girl attractive I don't really care that much if she's confident or shy. The only thing I am subconsciously looking at though is how

much she is faking her personality. If it feels like she is being herself and not putting on a show to impress me thats hot.