Drake72

I’m afraid of being gullible when being open to new ideas?

30 posts in this topic

I’ve become very skeptical of everything to the point I’m pessimistic ik I should just see for myself if something is true but it feels like I’m losing motivation any advice? 

If you're open to ideas, you can also integrate a healthy form of skepticism. Healthy skepticism is being open to concepts and perspectives that expands upon or contradicts the idea that is being originally presented. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

If everyone became enlightened there would be no such thing as enlightenment. So even if you fell short you are still doing your part. Can you live with that? Or is that not good enough? You decide.

@cetus I get what you’re saying but I think the risk of it not really being there and wasting time is honestly just going by what other people say that’s why I’m struggling with the motivation. I guess maybe I need assurance that it is and to trust it. 

Nobody else can do it for you. You gotta go it alone. But when it happens, well, you'll see. Things that you've heard or read before will take on a totally different meaning. It's like that. Like you suddenly unlocked a code.

@cetus So have you had at least some experiences that makes you confident that there’s something to it? 

Edited by Drake72

@Drake72 What do you know to be true - most of all?

It can give you a sense of grounding and intuition of what it feels like to know truth. 

@Forestluv Ik I have a question for everything lol but ik when I open a door what room is going to be on the other side and I can use that same intuition for this but how to ik I’m not just making up the intuition in my head like people do a lot with the lottery? 

This is common when you venture into a new field, and even more so with spirituality.

The same thing happened to me when I started learning and practicing magick and energy work. I couldn't separate the separate the wheat from the chaff right away, and I felt quite lost.

There are still things that I haven't yet confirmed if they are possible or not, but now it's ok.

The trick is learning how to entertain ideas without feeling the need to confirm their truth or falsehood right away. 

And then get to work and see for yourself what's up.

6 minutes ago, Drake72 said:

@cetus So have you had at least some experiences that makes you confident that there’s something to it? 

@Forestluv knows. 

5 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

It can give you a sense of grounding and intuition of what it feels like to know truth. 

@Fran11 I like the way you put it kind of like when you learn a skill and you don’t get good at it right away but can I ask have you had noticeable changes from it? 

Edited by Drake72

2 minutes ago, Drake72 said:

@Forestluv Ik I have a question for everything lol but ik when I open a door what room is going to be on the other side and I can use that same intuition for this but how to ik I’m not just making up the intuition in my head like people do a lot with the lottery? 

I don't know much about lottery type of intuition.

You say when you open a door you know what room will be on the other side, yet don't you know something even more immediate than that? Isn't the knowing that you are now opening the door greater than the knowing of the room on the other side? Isn't there a 100% probability that what is happening Here and Now is happening Here and Now? 

@Forestluv I’m not trying to smart off yes ik that’s happening now but that just makes it all sound like you’re saying the obvious is a the goal here but if enlightenment is a thing then there should be something different from normal experience other wise that would be like chasing your tail and calling it life changing 

@Drake72 Would my answer make any difference for you without having the experience yourself ? ;)

Edited by Fran11

13 minutes ago, Drake72 said:

when I open a door what room is going to be on the other side

Funny you should say that. Was just thinking of this image. See- it's starting to happen.

matrix-door.jpg

@Fran11 Sooo did you get anything out of it? Things worth trying are consistent you know? 

@cetus I mean if that happens I’ll definitely be more open minded lol anyway did you get much out of the consciousness work you’ve done so far? And be honest I’m looking for consistency for it to be worth it if I was a caveman wanting to know if a plant would kill me and another one seen one eat it I wouldn’t want them to say “see for yourself” 

apply your own skeptical thinking to your own skepticism ideology. What if thats not true?

Also the Truth is simply what is the case and always has been and will be no matter how much you question or believe one way or another. You can never hurt the Truth by questioning it.

Only falsehood needs to be defended from being questioned further. Your fear of opening up to new ideas already smells of falsehood and ideology. This is not a negative thing. This means there is room for more growth.

Your not believing in crazy nonsense when you open up to new ideas. You are simply opening up to the possibility of your worldview being incorrect and that another idea could potentially be true. Your being flexible. Your not making any conclusions one way or the other because you are admitting at this point that you simply do not know what is true.

If you realize you truly do not know and you acknowledge it. This is amazing because now the pursuit of actual Truth can begin whatever that may be.

Most people don't care about the Truth. The Truth is very dangerous to the ego. 

Edited by Byun Sean

And thank you everyone taking the time so far I feel like a lot of people struggle with this so