Sandeep Reddy

Addiction to Masturbation

23 posts in this topic

@Sandeep Reddy  It's really not that big of a deal. Just focus on properly processing your trauma. Get a therapist you get along with.

The masturbation, and you feeling guilty about it, and your intrusive thoughts, are all just symptoms of this unprocessed trauma.

So just get to the root of it, and don't worry about all the superficial imperfections it causes meanwhile.

Just keep fapping and doing therapy, and your intrusive thoughts will disappear, as well as the guilt, as well as the excessive masturbation. Focusing on that, now, would be like taking expensive body building supplements while not even doing workouts. 80/20 ;)

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Ajay0

On 12/7/2020 at 4:57 AM, Ajay0 said:

I agree with this. When there is creativity or creative challenges, the sexual urge diminishes on its own and one surprisingly becomes oblivious to it.

I have also read about the ancient Greeks in the Olympic games practicing celibacy to enhance their physical and mental strength. Same with eastern martial artists as well as international football teams prior to a competition.

So people instinctively connect celibacy with greater strength and energy through experience. Sexual release brings with it mental and physical fatigue earlier and one lacks the energy to pursue meaningful activities .

Eastern psychology associates celibacy with greater physical and mental energy, along with memory power and mental strength. The sexual energy, if properly controlled and channeled, gets transformed to higher states of consciousness.

But as the others here stated, it is something that should be done with awareness and mental equanimity. Spiritual exercises done in early morning can help to bring about the necessary self-discipline needed in this regard.

The  bliss that comes with practice of awareness or meditation, can also help to reduce the intensity of sexual urges, as the bliss is much superior to sexual pleasure and consequently one gradually loses interest in it.

I can say this is true in my experience, that sexual abstinence does increase physical and mental energy. After I'd masturbate, I've found it more challenging to get into exercising and meditating.

@Chives99

On 10/9/2020 at 4:55 PM, Chives99 said:

It shouldn't be a replacement for things you enjoy in life sometimes I just have to do it to destress then I can focus better. Knock one out before a strong determination sitting is very useful

This had almost the opposite with me, my mind goes more crazy in meditation, and much more of a struggle to keep focused.