Lews Therin

Green youth who "go orange" as they get older

23 posts in this topic

@Opaltri no stage is superior progressive and green is just a tad more conscious but yellow is leaps and bounds more conscious than all of them

I had a friend who underwent this kind of change--much more radical than what has been described so far.

When I met him he was an environmental activist, part of a campus group who fought the administration's attempts to expand the campus into some sensitive areas [the entire campus is built on wooded marshland].  I recall reading a book on Christianity once [note: I am basically a hybrid pagan/Taoist/Buddhist, but was just trying to expand my horizons a bit].  He took one look at it, then looked at me like I was utterly crazy.

But something happened when I left town for graduate school.  As he tells it, he got into a wreck [him driving] which killed his girlfriend.  His grief & guilt almost got him to pull the trigger on the firearm he had, but then he says she came into his mind in the form of a bright white light and got him to not do the deed, telling him that it wasn't his time yet.

When I came back to town about a year later, he had gone full right wing fundie, spouting Dominionist rhetoric and listening to Limbaugh and Hannity the entire time.  That of course would be going not one but two levels down [Green to Blue]

I suppose he was a closet Blue the entire time, not an authentic Green, but damn this remains deeply puzzling to me.  Esp. since I had a similar experience (also ostensibly involving an old girlfriend yes), but whose effect on me was 180 degrees removed from his.

This, I'm already experiencing a bit. I've been green for not long, maybe a few months and I'm already trying to regress into orange. But don't mistake this as giving up green, green only wants integration. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.