Karmadhi

Dilemma regarding work

4 posts in this topic

I would like to hear your opinions about something guys. Basically, i live in a environment where the people around me are very ambitious. I am talking about stage orange ambition, so wanting to want on big firms, have high positions there, have very high salaries etc. Personally i am not interested at all at this stuff. I want a job where i do something i enjoy, that helps the society in some way and where i am respected and treated properly. I am 22 so soon will start on my journey and i feel a bit conflicted. On one side i know what i want but on the other side i feel like i will be viewed as not ambitious, lazy, unintelligent and lesser. I will do a master program so it is not that i will be uneducated in the traditional sense. I live in a developed country so even with the average salary i can live quite good, i do not care about the luxurious lifestyle and stuff that tend to cost a lot. Due to 22 years of social programming i have some insecurities about myself due to my current desires. I really dislike the ambitious white collar promotion addicted workaholics that work 14 hours a day to get a promotion so they can afford their fancy cars and boost off to society about the position or place they work at. I am simple in that way. I am very passionate about understanding the world and reality which is why i follow Leo's work (other channels too) and will soon begin reading to further my understanding. My question is do you think that i am self deceiving myself because i do not want to work heavy heavy hours and have that competitive ruthless spirit, or not wanting to indulge in stage orange motivation is something healthy? It is just very difficult to unwire 22 years of programming

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that. You are principled, and you are aware of cultural programming. Good. It's going to feel weird and scary walking a different path than others around you. Understand and love others for who they are, but live your life the way you want. It may take a few years just to put your life on track to begin more rapid, serious growth. That's where I am right now. I've come to grips with the fact that I need to take 3-5 years to rearrange things and pay-off debts.

27 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

I am very passionate about understanding the world and reality which is why i follow Leo's work (other channels too) and will soon begin reading to further my understanding.

What you have to do is begin self-actualizing. Don't just follow the work. Take action. It will cause more suffering in the beginning, but pay-off in the long run. Good luck! :) 

3 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

My question is do you think that i am self deceiving myself because i do not want to work heavy heavy hours and have that competitive ruthless spirit, or not wanting to indulge in stage orange motivation is something healthy?

No, a large percentage of people feel that way. Including basically everyone on this forum. And even your ruthless Orange friends would likely say the same if they had a little bit more awareness.

The whole orange thing is toxic and the world is slowly waking up to it. 

Follow your heart and do what you like. 

Only that can give you the greatest satisfaction. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.