Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

Conspiracy Debunking Videos

7 posts in this topic

Dont know if debunking videos are "allowed" on here but here are some I find good. Note: Watch these with a meta-mindset, they are not for replacing your beliefs, instead look at how debunkers THINK about conspiracy theories and DECONSTRUCT them, thats how you learn to innoculate yourself. 

Please post more debunking videos if you know any good ones. 

Again, please lock this thread if its against any guidelines. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I feel like this is can be a rabbit hole in the opposite direction. Just not worth the time and effort imo.

5 hours ago, Dryas said:

I feel like this is can be a rabbit hole in the opposite direction. Just not worth the time and effort imo.

That can happen, as it can legitimise theories when experts are seen scrambling to battle against them. The result has been ongoing debate about why the Earth may actually be round, which is kind of pathetic. And yet, the absence of people opposing the rabbit hole echo chambers allows demons of disinformation to grow without restraint.

There does definitely come a point where theorists will only pretend to be interested in debate, when there is no possibility of changing their beliefs. If anything, they are there to flex their reinforced-steel stubbornness and laugh as bullets of facts bounce off them. Yet in the early stages, the process of manipulation could be halted at any time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr04gHbP5MQ

Pretty dry material for most of the video but provides more evidence that the progressives simply run with this pandemic stuff as though it's gospel and think anyone who disagrees is flat out wrong and immoral, and they seem to think we should lock down the entire world for a year over a virus that mostly affects the elderly.  There in fact some very powerful corporate interests that are making a killing off the reaction to the virus. I'm not staunchly anti-mask but I like to keep an open mind.  It's easy to use the media to manipulate people. See this much better video (not related to covid) that talks about that... BBC documentary that has 4 total parts, the first 3 in particular are quite good.  These guys were the pioneers of modern psychology...

Edited by sholomar

Debunking videos can be as bad as conspiracy theory videos.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Debunking videos can be as bad as conspiracy theory videos.

Sure, you have to pick good ones, and have a good eye for it. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!