LifeLife

Empty Your Cup

10 posts in this topic

So. I'm 19 years old and as an experiment, because I'm in the habit of experimenting a lot lately.

WHAT HABITS DO YOU WISH YOU STARTED AT 19 YEARS OLD IF YOU COULD TURN BACK TIME AND KEPT GOING:

*habits not lessons*

Interested to see your answers. You can include why and I will fucken do them. Lets do this shit

@LifeLife

• Practice not caring what people think
  • Practice stopping judging myself
  • Practice pursuing my own desires/dreams vs. my projections of what other people expect of me
  • Yoga (good quality yoga that stems from what my own body feels, not what the instructor is telling me to do)
  • Practice not buying unnecessary new things
  • Practice avoiding addictions (internet, eating, etc...)

But at the same time, all these things are part of life. I can't have skipped the stage that I was at, or I would never have gotten to where I am now and been satisfied with my life so far :)

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

4 hours ago, LifeLife said:

WHAT HABITS DO YOU WISH YOU STARTED AT 19 YEARS OLD IF YOU COULD TURN BACK TIME AND KEPT GOING

A meditation habit.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Practice not judging myself

Practice not judging others

Practice letting go of things which don't serve me

Practice surrender 

Meditation

Creating A grateful list

Focusing on healthy eating

Focusing on hanging around with authentic people 

Read spiritual enlightenment and personal development books

Live in the moment!

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

What do you think of Mooji?

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

@Lawrence You can empty your cup by filling it first with the correct concepts.  Once that has happened you then contemplate those concepts and they end up destroying all delusion.

That is the path of knowledge, and is exclusive to Vedanta.

1. Self inquiry
  2. meditation
  3. not care about what others think I should be doing

I'm 19 now, for 10 more months. In any case, this is what I'm starting.

1. Self-Inquiry. I'm planning to do 1,000 hours over the course of the year. It seems absurd to wait with pursuing enlightenment since it's the foundation for the only thing you really care about - happiness.

2. Strategic thinking. There's a reason a lot of the information on it originates from the military - lives are at stake. You're looking for the most effective way to ensure you win. In the case of personal development, it's your life at stake. Not in the literal sense, which is why complacency is easy. Nothing more important to you than your life - so make something of it in the most effective way.

3. Health habits. Good nutrition, mobility work, cardiovascular training, going to the gym. Taking care of health is an essential thing in life, as it ensures you'll have more energy and time for doing what you want to do - which is valuable, unless you don't care about living to the fullest.

4. Reading. I'm planning to read 1 consciousness book a month, as well as one book a month on the other implementations I'm doing. Educating oneself, or "gathering of intel" is crucial for effective strategy.