Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim R

Emotion Work

4 posts in this topic

Currently I seem to be in a phase, in which I am more aware of my emotional state than usual, which I find very pleasant. Now, I have two questions:

1. Have you any advice on how to get even more in touch with my emotions and how to properly deal with them?

2. What ways of emotional "cleansing/detox" are there, besides from psychedelics or (shamanic) breath work? 

Thanks in advance! :)  

I've found Shinzen Young's See-Hear-Feel practice does wonders for my emotional clarity. It's a basic mindfulness practice, but very powerful for increasing your ability to feel deeply and clearly. In terms of 'dealing' with emotions, they need space to flow. This'll happen automatically and naturally as your clarity increases.

Self inquiry and shadow work come to my mind for emotional therapy. It opens up hidden emotions that the psyche is currently not ready to confront. 

Emotions generally peek out when the mind is kept still and away from engagement. 

Emotional detox.. This is to remove negative emotions or to clean out. 

This is not easy. If you just apply positive emotions, that's like a bandaid job. 

You need to confront and  resolve the cause of your emotions. 

And humor helps a lot. Changing perspectives helps a lot. 

The other thing is mindfulness. 

Acceptance helps a lot. 

Don't consume stimuli that constant aim at your emotions like certain media or propaganda. 

Try to be the silent observer. 

Keep yourself a bit reserved from emotional reacting. This way you build a fortress. 

De-stress all the time. Remove the buildup. 

Be more self aware and catch yourself when the unwanted emotions arise and let them be challenged. Don't give them energy. Let them pass. 

Hope this helps. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Try to see if you can feel any uncomfortable feeling in your body when you are going to start meditating. If you can feel something even if it is subtle try feeling it fully, meditate on this feeling and let it go. Also try to feel the energy inside of the body everyday as a habit and as often as you can in your day. Wim Hof breathing is also great. All of those things really transformed my emotional state the last month. Also find the top stressors in your life and eliminate them. Shamanic breathing is great for this.