MarkoK1

Problem with Life purpose

7 posts in this topic

Hello I'll keep it short and simple, I'm really passionate about Music, and I'd say that I'm patient enough to work on my singing skills for years before making an actual song that I'm really happy with, I know it will take years for me to come to the level of excellence i want to be at.
But there lays the problem, and you might find this silly but I really really really want to live in America, Its been my dream since i was a kid, I have never even considered changing that, In fact... everything about me has changed, My values, My Style, My environment, My Mindset, Everything changed, But my desire to live in the US has never changed and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

But I have and actual plan to get there and live there, But its not related to Music whatsoever.
Basically to live in America i have to get rich or at least a get a sustainable job, which i have a plan for, But it'll take a few years before I'm actually rich
Here are the options i have:
a) While working on getting rich, I'm also working on Music, Use the business that i build to get to America and once I'm there put most my time into Music
b) Live where I'm at right now while working on Music, Use Music to get to the US (I'm not going to do this)
Any other options??? Should I take the option or do something else??

I'm confident in my business skills, I know i can make millions if i'd commit myself to making money but I don't want to make money my life purpose.

P.s I currently Live in Europe.

Edited by MarkoK1

@datamonster Love / Prefer the culture, Love observing it. Actually US is so different i don't think you can put the entire country into a culture, I would love to contribute and be a part of all that. In USA There is all kinds of stages, all kinds people. Croatia is 99% blue, Its quite a boring country. and i said my dream since i was a kid was to live in america and that never changed, your words won't change that, ever if you're speaking facts. maybe it doesn't have support for creative people but the culture is honestly quite inspiring, at least to me. my favorite american culture is definitely the skate culture, which doesn't exist in any other country at least not as big as the American skate culture.

Why not somewhere like Denmark, or Canada at least? No offense, but your sweet American dream is nothing but a projection happening now. You are much better off here in Europe. It sounds like you are sacrificing one beautiful child in order to live in another. I know this message sounds harsh. Don't get intimidated by it. It's written with love. Please, look past the ego and seriously contemplate whether this is what your soul really craves.

Edited by SirVladimir

@SirVladimir it doesn't feel like "sacrificing one beautiful child in order to live in another", it actually sounds more like me and less like anybody else, because everybody says i shouldn't go to the US, But I authentically want to, here I feel like a cow that has been thrown in a pigsty. Nobody told me "Hey! you should go live in America, its fun there!" I naturally gravitated towards US, I'm not contemplating something that feels like a authentic place to live, Maybe I would if I'd have doubts, but I don't, so.

Let this thread die. I'll solve this shit myself, Because anywhere I ask I get the same answers.

Edited by MarkoK1

@MarkoK1 I respect the word authentic, for it is a powerful one. I don't use it recklessly. Just make sure you have weighted the pros and cons of this commitment, and especially the (counter)cons, for when you get swallowed by thoughts, you tend to lean towards one side of an argument and naturally abandon the other. Make a list of why you shouldn't go to America, and compare it with a list of why you should. Do the same for other countries. Notice whether one side reeks of bias; whether a commitment is driven by authentic intentions, or perhaps by past trauma and fear. 

Much love. You'll figure this out. 

Edited by SirVladimir

@MarkoK1  Save some money and go to the US for 3 months on a tourist visa. Check it out, apply for jobs with visa help. If you dont like it, go home. 
People need test more and move. Read Lean Startup methodology, thats how you should strategize your life. Big plans in your moms basement dont do nothing

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@MarkoK1 i think a good option someone said to test it about the visa is good, i get it you feel like there is the environment you need but you really know once you ger there. also notice that you can bring to where you live what you like in America and share it with your locals you see? i get your point i want to go to a more music city or country too i live in israel, i play the guitar and want to live out of that. i remember when i was in America for a short time that you can get good money and live nicely, and then maybe do it full time, performed, get a show going or something test and see what happened.