Eelco1981

Meditation Orgasm

8 posts in this topic

Today I did 55 minutes of strong determination sitting. The first 30 minutes I had a lot of thoughts. After that I began the self inquiry / neti-neti. I asked myself: "who am I?", "I am not my body, not the sounds I hear, not my breath, not my feelings, not my thoughts." "What am I when all this falls away?". Then at one moment I saw myself in an elevator shaft, hanging on to the ramp with one hand, clinging to it. A voice said: "let go. Just let go". I let go and what I felt was like an orgasm. It was a release. I fell down the shaft. Everything went black as I was falling down in this black hole.  I felt a tinkling sensations in my whole body like an orgasm (not in the genitals btw). Mostly in my head and spine. But as I got emotional about this breakthrough sensation, I started thinking about it and then the effect stopped.

Anyone had similar experiences?

The first two or three times I meditated, I tapped into a deep sense of consciousness. It didn't feel orgasmic, but it was like I was trippin' out on drugs. I think it was me feeling my monkey mind stopping between thoughts for the first time in my life, so it was a very pleasurable experience.

You're probably reaching an even deeper level of consciousness. Good on you, man. I know Leo said do not get attached to these feelings or expect them, because they're fleeting and even surface as obstacles our ego throws up.

34 minutes ago, Eelco1981 said:

Today I did 55 minutes of strong determination sitting. The first 30 minutes I had a lot of thoughts. After that I began the self inquiry / neti-neti. I asked myself: "who am I?", "I am not my body, not the sounds I hear, not my breath, not my feelings, not my thoughts." "What am I when all this falls away?". Then at one moment I saw myself in an elevator shaft, hanging on to the ramp with one hand, clinging to it. A voice said: "let go. Just let go". I let go and what I felt was like an orgasm. It was a release. I fell down the shaft. Everything went black as I was falling down in this black hole.  I felt a tinkling sensations in my whole body like an orgasm (not in the genitals btw). Mostly in my head and spine. But as I got emotional about this breakthrough sensation, I started thinking about it and then the effect stopped.

Yes.  All experiences are ego.  

Edited by Matthew Lamot

39 minutes ago, Eelco1981 said:

You know when you get into a pretty warm bath and you get that tingling sensation up your spine and neck... well I get that during meditation =)

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

2 hours ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Yes.  All experiences are ego.  

Before reacting to your reaction, I decided to read the pdf you so actively promote around the forum. I begin to think that you are a shareholder of the Shining world Corporation :P It is actually quit interesting, though I do not understand everything because it's not in my native language.

But there were some passages that made me thinking like "After all, someone who strives for the experience of oneness does so because he or she holds an ‘intellectual’ conviction that experience is the only path to enlightenment." But on the other hand, don't you (Matthew) agree that an experience can be helpful? quote "And the ‘experience of non-duality’ gives a glimpse of the Self which can be an aid to understanding."

And lastly, "The many seekers of self experience that eventually become disillusioned because they are unable to obtain a permanent experience of the self need to convert their quest for experience into a quest for understanding if they wish to free themselves from bondage to their attachment to experience...which prevents them from enlightenment."

2 hours ago, Frogfucius said:

The first two or three times I meditated, I tapped into a deep sense of consciousness. It didn't feel orgasmic, but it was like I was trippin' out on drugs. I think it was me feeling my monkey mind stopping between thoughts for the first time in my life, so it was a very pleasurable experience.

You're probably reaching an even deeper level of consciousness. Good on you, man. I know Leo said do not get attached to these feelings or expect them, because they're fleeting and even surface as obstacles our ego throws up.

That is right. It was actually the day before yesterday that it happened and yesterday and today I was frustratingly trying to have the experience again, but the more I want, the further away it seems to drift. Only when I surrender the experience comes closer. But then when it comes closer I get excited and it drifts away..

3 minutes ago, Eelco1981 said:

"And the ‘experience of non-duality’ gives a glimpse of the Self which can be an aid to understanding."

No shares for me I'm afraid lol.  I just know what works, and it's really obvious to me now.

We're free to have as many experiences as we want, the thing is to be aware that they will never amount to anything because once you understand the teaching about objects that Vedanta put forward, the a-ha hits you hard like a train because you understand that enlightenment means that you are the essence of ALL experience.  Once that hits you after much contemplation and struggle you just throw away any attempts at trying to get an experience, because you now know you would rather be as you are already because that is the end of seeking.

Once a person gets that, experiences become silly, and the attachment to them drops away. Suffering is enlightenment IF we're done with seeking.

This is not the same as not doing the work.  A certain amount of work, netti netti or whatever on the vasanas that keep us bound to seeking is required,  so this needs to be explored first.

But just meditating for the sake of samadhi is not where it's at.  Self - inquiry in the form of either flushing out the I, or resting the I in its source or netti netti on the vasanas needs to be done.  Each type of meditation suits a different place on the path.  A good teacher should be able to administer the practices for the stage on is at, while at the same time unpacking the teaching properly.  Personally memorizing the Vedas or Upanishads are not recommended, because the teaching must be unpacked in a certain order because the next teaching builds on the previous one :)

22 minutes ago, Eelco1981 said:

That is right. It was actually the day before yesterday that it happened and yesterday and today I was frustratingly trying to have the experience again, but the more I want, the further away it seems to drift. Only when I surrender the experience comes closer. But then when it comes closer I get excited and it drifts away..

One thought and it's gone. Yes  this happens by chance and you stumbled on it as I did... You said Whoopee! and it all went away-Right?. I know.. Don't try to repeat it or it won't happen again.  Let it go. It will come back at the right time. Just like a rainbow.

Edited by cetus56