The Don

I Do Have A Blindness To Progress

4 posts in this topic

Hi.

I don't even know how to start but I'll try to put my thoughts into words.

In the last year, I've made tremendous progress. How do I know that? I know it because I'm comparing my old self with the person I'm becoming.

I'm no longer depressed and anxious about the future. I'm more present in everyday life. I'm satisfied with the present moment. I'm truly aware of my emotions. I eat healthily. And so forth. The bottom line is that I'm conscious than ever before. And I didn't even meditate at home. I was doing it at work.

I like to meditate in every situation, even when I'm getting rid of the food tray while I see myself working.

The only problem I have is that I'm not grateful enough for the progress I've made. I'm blind to it. I understand it superficially. It is like an unconscious ungratefulness.

Should I start to contemplate the progress I'm making? Would that motivate me to continue this work?

What are you guys doing when you're not thankful enough for the progress you've made?

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

8 minutes ago, The Don said:

What are you guys doing when you're not thankful enough for the progress you've made?

I don't think about it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

do you feel unworthy of living more consciously? could it be you aren't yet used to a state of being void of problems?

sounds like you're doing fine, meditate on gratitude and continue on

4 hours ago, The Don said:

Hi.

I don't even know how to start but I'll try to put my thoughts into words.

In the last year, I've made tremendous progress. How do I know that? I know it because I'm comparing my old self with the person I'm becoming.

I'm no longer depressed and anxious about the future. I'm more present in everyday life. I'm satisfied with the present moment. I'm truly aware of my emotions. I eat healthily. And so forth. The bottom line is that I'm conscious than ever before. And I didn't even meditate at home. I was doing it at work.

I like to meditate in every situation, even when I'm getting rid of the food tray while I see myself working.

The only problem I have is that I'm not grateful enough for the progress I've made. I'm blind to it. I understand it superficially. It is like an unconscious ungratefulness.

Should I start to contemplate the progress I'm making? Would that motivate me to continue this work?

Who says your not grateful enough?  Do you agree?  What would you do to be more grateful?  if that sounds good to you, do it, if not, move on.