Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Focus Shift

What Is God? (Commentary On The Perennial Philosophy)

10 posts in this topic

What is God? What is Consciousness? These are fundamental questions anyone will come across at some point in their spiritual or philosophical quest. To some, God is a being watching their every move. To others, a mythological symbol. Others argue that god could be consciousness itself. God also means different things to different stages of consciousness. What does God mean to you? 

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

@Focus Shift Seems like an intelligent and curious guy, but also seems kinda lost in all the theory. He's beating around the bush and eventually all the talking becomes tedious. You just want him to say, 'You are actual fucking God! I am literally God!'. He spent 20 minutes talking about God but it's literally all nonsense, because all language, symbols and ideas are totally totally meaningless and not it. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

4 minutes ago, Space said:

because all language, symbols and ideas are totally totally meaningless and not it. 

not quite. they are serve as directions. yes, the directions leading you to the destination aren't the destination... but the lead you there. so they aren't meaningless... they are quite useful bruhhhh

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

3 hours ago, SoonHei said:

not quite. they are serve as directions. yes, the directions leading you to the destination aren't the destination... but the lead you there. so they aren't meaningless... they are quite useful bruhhhh

This is true, yet I could also say that saying nothing at all would be more useful. When actual God Infinity is staring right back at you the idea of language or trying to explain the nature of anything with meaningless symbols and sounds become radically obsolete and laughably ridiculous. God is so beyond anything the guy is saying in the video. 

@Space It's a commentary on The Perennial Philosophy, a book I highly recommend. You'd be surprised man, the ladies dig my humor and trippy Alex Grey outfit ;) Of course you can always blast off and take a hit of 5 MEO or a 10 day vipassana retreat to have a direct experience of God, which would be 100x more powerful anything I could ever describe in a life time. That's not the point of these videos, this is a philosophy channel after all :D I guess since language is so useless, why did you bother to sign up for a forum? Perhaps some of the Alan Watts videos I have on the channel will be a bit more up your alley. 

Edited by Focus Shift

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

3 hours ago, Focus Shift said:

That's not the point of these videos, this is a philosophy channel after all :D I guess since language is so useless, why did you bother to sign up for a forum? Perhaps some of the Alan Watts videos I have on the channel will be a bit more up your alley. 

Yea i'm not bashing the guy, he's on the right tracks for sure. Yet at the same time, any discussion of God in the context of philosophy is really a waste of time and just creates more confusion. 

Well I never said language was useless. It serves an important role in our collective self survival. When it comes to personal development and discussing spiritual theory we need language. But when it specifically comes to explaining the nature of God, which is what the video is about, using language will simply never work. 

Alan Watts is nice but his teachings are limited.

17 hours ago, Focus Shift said:

@Space

If you want content that depicts an experience of god, here you go bro xD

Nightmare?