Canadian

Let's Finish This Topic Here....

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone....

Recently weird things happen in my life. I amn't actually Canadian, I just wanted to hide my personality and that's why I wrote it as my name. The topic I'm gonna be talking about here is very important for everyone. I want to ask you to write all your opinions and way-outs here, so we can solve this problem together.

I arrived in Canada in December last year (2015) , since then, adaptation became a very hard process for me. in my country, I had so many friends and everything was easier.  What happens here in Canada? I'm locked in my room and watch Leo's videos all the time just to survive and not die from a boring life. My only destinations  are gym and school. (school is over till Sep.)  I don't believe in myself, I don't trust myself. I've read so many books about this topic, but still, I don't have a feeling I can transform my life. It happens everyday. Every day is almost the same, I 'm addicted to the computer, I waste thousands of hours on it. Today I've heard my friends in my country've gone on a holiday and they are picking up girls , chilling and having an unforgettable holidays. Since then, It became motivation for me and at this moment it seems like I can do everything. I can pick up girls, I can go out and as Leo says, I can fuck the world... But still, when I hear that my friends've already done it 10000 times, I feel weak, I feel frustrated because I start to compare myself to them. I've watched Leo's episode ''how to stop comparing to others'' about twenty thousand times, maybe twenty-one I amn't sure.  I'm fed  up with everything. I'd been trying recently to find power in myself and transform my life, but since I've  heard from friends that they're having so much fun, I felt horrible. This isn't envy, this is something different. It makes me lose my authenticity, and it sucks. What's wrong with me, I know that there are many people here with the same problem. I watch all of Leo's episodes, about 100 times each episode, but still, I only LISTEN, I DON'T Change anything. I just continue living with other people's lives. What's the point of this everything, I can't see a bright future in it. I listen to Leo, I remember everything, I try to really change myself, I meditate, I read so many books and then what? -nothing. Addiction  to computer , sitting at home most of the summer doing absolutely nothing valuable, thinking about sex all the time, (and it always fucks my mind that I don't get laid.) Every day, Every morning, I tell to myself, today is a day of transformation, I tell to myself :''Go, u wanna get laid? go and experience , use your knowledge and prove that your knowledge works.'' 

It isn't about getting laid,  I'm talking about sex because this fucks my mind all the time, But not only this, I want to transform my life. I did everything I thought I needed, but I got only waste of time, that's it. I'm angry about myself, but it is what it is, I amn't gonna hide anything, that's what is happening in my life. Every day is the same day. boring! Watching my friends' lives and wish I had something like them. It blows up my mind. Really, I'm a already 17  and I'm old enough to change my life. 

I know there are many people in the situation like me here, post your ideas, what do you think about it? How to start using my knowledge, how to start real life?  how to step in masculinity ? (I've watched Leo's episode about this topic too, please don't link Leo's any episode here, I know the whole text already.) I need action, but I'm like a stupid man, maybe I am...

With Respect

Canadian. 

I totally understand the situation you are in. You already know what to do anyway. Every day is the same and it's boring to you? Change it! Don't complain, take action! It's nice how you are into Leo's videos, but that's just theory. Go out and practice! Otherwise nothing will change. It's all up to you. :)

It seems like you are hating your current situation in life, and this is probably the problem. You do not accept your situation. You need to let go of the need to change your life, 'just' let go, just like in the last weeks episode. Do his guided meditations a hundred times in a row or guided meditations by other spiritual teachers. You are resisting your situation, and only the resistance causes the suffering, not the situation itself  (this video might be helpful).

Apply what Leo said in the episode about morality and removing should statements. Do not try to change, accept your situation as it is, and your genuine desires will figure everything out for you if you have enough patience.

@Canadian First, don't worry, you are only 17. There is still a lot of time. Second, if you watched Leo's video's 20k or 21k times, you should be familiar with the term "mental masturbation". I think you are mental-masturbating a lot. I like it too.... But you really need to take ACTION now. Just DO it. Don't just read and watch video's. Really implement it.

Like Russel Simmons wrote "The pain that is created by avoiding hard work is actually much worse than any pain created from the actual work itself."

And this one is also for you. As a gift:

@Anna It's the worst feeling when u know what to do but u re ''blocked'' in your mind...

@quantum I've accepted my situation and then I tried to change it, but still, I changed absolutely nothing, that's why I started to become angry now...

@Wormon Blatburm I know that I can't change everything in one day, but I've been trying to change for so long already and I've changed nothing so far, I have no progress, even a little progress, that pisses me off...

@Eelco1981 Yeah, I am mentally masturbating, you're right, and I wrote it in my post... ''thinking about sex fucks my mind.'' -but still, It's the worst situation when I have knowledge, I read books and I can start my authentic life, despite this, I'm changing nothing. The video you linked is my problem.''Just fucking do it'' stage never comes to me...

Thanks everyone :) 

@Canadian I know. ;) I forced myself so many times to step out of my comfort zone. Don't think too much, just do it and break through.

@Wormon Blatburm even small steps are getting harder to make... I don't know what to try anymore... I've a feeling like starting watching Leo's videos was absolute nonsense and Leo's channel is a way to waste time ...

14 hours ago, Canadian said:

Hi everyone....

Recently weird things happen in my life. I amn't actually Canadian, I just wanted to hide my personality and that's why I wrote it as my name. The topic I'm gonna be talking about here is very important for everyone. I want to ask you to write all your opinions and way-outs here, so we can solve this problem together.

I arrived in Canada in December last year (2015) , since then, adaptation became a very hard process for me. in my country, I had so many friends and everything was easier.  What happens here in Canada? I'm locked in my room and watch Leo's videos all the time just to survive and not die from a boring life. My only destinations  are gym and school. (school is over till Sep.)  I don't believe in myself, I don't trust myself. I've read so many books about this topic, but still, I don't have a feeling I can transform my life. It happens everyday. Every day is almost the same, I 'm addicted to the computer, I waste thousands of hours on it. Today I've heard my friends in my country've gone on a holiday and they are picking up girls , chilling and having an unforgettable holidays. Since then, It became motivation for me and at this moment it seems like I can do everything. I can pick up girls, I can go out and as Leo says, I can fuck the world... But still, when I hear that my friends've already done it 10000 times, I feel weak, I feel frustrated because I start to compare myself to them. I've watched Leo's episode ''how to stop comparing to others'' about twenty thousand times, maybe twenty-one I amn't sure.  I'm fed  up with everything. I'd been trying recently to find power in myself and transform my life, but since I've  heard from friends that they're having so much fun, I felt horrible. This isn't envy, this is something different. It makes me lose my authenticity, and it sucks. What's wrong with me, I know that there are many people here with the same problem. I watch all of Leo's episodes, about 100 times each episode, but still, I only LISTEN, I DON'T Change anything. I just continue living with other people's lives. What's the point of this everything, I can't see a bright future in it. I listen to Leo, I remember everything, I try to really change myself, I meditate, I read so many books and then what? -nothing. Addiction  to computer , sitting at home most of the summer doing absolutely nothing valuable, thinking about sex all the time, (and it always fucks my mind that I don't get laid.) Every day, Every morning, I tell to myself, today is a day of transformation, I tell to myself :''Go, u wanna get laid? go and experience , use your knowledge and prove that your knowledge works.'' 

It isn't about getting laid,  I'm talking about sex because this fucks my mind all the time, But not only this, I want to transform my life. I did everything I thought I needed, but I got only waste of time, that's it. I'm angry about myself, but it is what it is, I amn't gonna hide anything, that's what is happening in my life. Every day is the same day. boring! Watching my friends' lives and wish I had something like them. It blows up my mind. Really, I'm a already 17  and I'm old enough to change my life. 

I know there are many people in the situation like me here, post your ideas, what do you think about it? How to start using my knowledge, how to start real life?  how to step in masculinity ? (I've watched Leo's episode about this topic too, please don't link Leo's any episode here, I know the whole text already.) I need action, but I'm like a stupid man, maybe I am...

With Respect

Canadian. 

A) Stop taking advice from people who have the same problems (and who post about it on here asking for advice and get answers from other people who have the same problems and are just mentally reciting what they heard from those who offered advice but who have not yet dealt with the problem themselves.  This is not Alcoholics Anonymous support group)

B) Seek the correct information, you can get the right information on how to become yourself without needing to change or take action, because what you dont know and what these online gurus dont know is that the more you think you have to change the further away from being happy you become.  And when you have fallen completely into the ditch of unhappiness it is a bitch to climb out of.  The secret is happiness is all the motivation you need.  Happiness comes first, then that motivates you to act on your happiness to express it.

If you want to know how to become happy and are done with bullshit advice about having to change, then click on the link below, because it might be what youre looking for.

@Wormon Blatburm No, I amn't kidding, you just didn't understand what I wrote, but that's my fault, I didn't explain it way. I think I should stop  watching Leo's episodes and start to live like ''others''. (I mean other people who live like normal people.) Maybe I wont get as much fulfilment , but it will be less stressful...

@Matthew Lamot You are right, but it's really hard to become happy with the life like me... I amn't on that level yet to be unconditionally happy...

10 minutes ago, Canadian said:

@Matthew Lamot You are right, but it's really hard to become happy with the life like me... I amn't on that level yet to be unconditionally happy...

You need to understand how this view (I'm not already happy) comes from.  

For the record, you are already whole, complete, happy.  You just don't believe it.  If you want to know how this is so, click on the link on my signature.  If not then that's fine.  Just dont fall for the idea that making effort or having to change brings happiness.  Well, you CAN, but ultimately it will lead you right back to where you're at right now

Hello Mr. Canadian, I might sound like a jerk, but here it goes- Sitting on this forum and watching those videos are a waste of time (for your circumstances, they are wasting time), complaining about it is a waste of time. Here are my invitations:

1. Start gaining momentum in your life. Start with a very small (E.g. wake up early for 7 straight days, or make it even smaller if you need to). It's the only way, otherwise you will overwhelm yourself and get frustrated.

2. Keep trying. Try something, if it doesn't work after some time, try another thing, if that doesn't- repeat the process. You WILL come to the right answer.

3. Keep in mind that you can break out of your rut. It's been done countless times by other people in your same exact situation. It WILL come through! If you don't believe me logically still, what can I say... Some things are not logical in life, you need to just TRUST me on this. In life, there will come times when  you need to just make literal 'leaps of faith'.

On 19.8.2016 at 5:15 PM, Canadian said:

@quantum I've accepted my situation and then I tried to change it, but still, I changed absolutely nothing, that's why I started to become angry now...

If you really would have accepted your situation, you wouldn't bother about not changing anything :P and you wouldn't become angry about it.

But maybe I am going to far here. Accepting everything basically equals Enlightenment

41 minutes ago, quantum said:

If you really would have accepted your situation, you wouldn't bother about not changing anything :P and you wouldn't become angry about it.

But maybe I am going to far here. Accepting everything basically equals Enlightenment

You are quite right.  I would also add that the giving up of seeking and the permanent dissolution of the ignorance that keeps us seeking is Enlightenment.  As a one time realization that is permanent.

Sometimes, Acceptance is not enough, acceptance can be resignation in disguise.  Sorry to split hairs, but I see you personally are at a good point in realization.  :)

Letting go, learning to let go, can take years, and this is why i warn agains mere cognitive education.  The cognitive teaching is essential, but that teaching has been reflected upon for years sometimes by enlightened people.  An example is Stephen Wolinsky said that one teacher mentioned a teaching to him, and Wolinsky took it to heart, but it was 4 years later that the teaching "clicked" and Wolinsky stopped atcing out that particular programme.  

Fascinating.  This to me says find the right teachings, dont confuse enlightenment and happiness with self actualization or personal growth, and be patient.

But if we go down the wrong path with the wrong info, then it just takes longer.

Edited by Matthew Lamot

@PetarKa I'll try what u suggested me, thanks :) 

@quantum @Matthew Lamot I read both of your comments and you re right, maybe I still haven't accepted my situation properly , I still need to work on this, I need to get rid of thinking about sex every time. This is the main topic (sex) which blows my mind up every day... maybe after this I can start climbing up... Right know I'm stuck at the same place... anyway, Thank you :)