Spaceofawareness

Lost presence

6 posts in this topic

In the past I have felt a “presence” which seems to be awareness. But now that presence doesn’t seem to be here, or it is somehow veiled or covered. The presence always came with a sense of internal happiness, or contentment. But now there seems to be awareness of everything without a presence. The presence used to help me remain aware also, as it acted as a continual reminder of awareness.

Should I try to get back this presence somehow, or, be content with awareness as it is now. The mind is very calm and still, no intrusive thoughts. Thoughts arise and are responded to when they need to be. Awareness is not as sharp and focussed nor vigilant as it has been with presence.

sounds like a whole lot of complaining about nothing ;)

jk, in other words, there is only presence as long as there's experience.  Now that you are present and aware, you are somehow still not satisfied with reality. This has led to awareness not being as sharp because your mind is once again divided. Meditate the hell out of it.  Contentment rises, (or unveils) you don't find it.  Be aware now so you won't miss it.  Then latch on and explore it. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance thank you. That might be right. There has been a lot going on the past six months. I’ve slipped back into thinking and planning the future rather than letting it unfold. It’s unfortunately necessary if anything is going to get done (I have expectations). 

@Nahm thank you. That’s exactly what I needed to hear. The mundane was so not mundane when I wasn’t preoccupied.

52 minutes ago, Spaceofawareness said:

@seeking_brilliance thank you. That might be right. There has been a lot going on the past six months. I’ve slipped back into thinking and planning the future rather than letting it unfold. It’s unfortunately necessary if anything is going to get done (I have expectations). 

Don't resist thoughts.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard no I don’t. I remain aware of them. Like I said, thoughts arise, and actions happen because of them. Thoughts are related to future oriented goals. Beyond that, they do not intrude in an unwanted manner, they may arise occasionally, but they are noticed mostly.