Scholar

A dream more vivid than reality

10 posts in this topic

So I've had this weird thing happened to me this year, I had 3 of these dreams so far, one of them today. In all of them I am lucid, so I know I am dreaming. The dimension in which these dreams seem more vivid and real than "waking reality" is particularly in the visual department. I can see every detail, I can actually fully absorb the whole image, and it is actually like I was there. It's not cloudy, it's not inconsistent, it looks completely real. I can focus, just like in real life, on particlar areas of the image, and there is a clarity to all of it.

If it's possible to have such consciousness in a dream, and have the dream be so vivid, could it not be possible to do consciousness work in a dreaming state? My consciousness seemed so absurdly high in that dream.

I've had a similar experience twice where I saw the face of a monk, or whatever, and his eyes opening in some sort of terrifying realization, there was an intense energy going through my body as it happened, and then there was darkness. When the darkness comes, it feels like I can surrender to it or fight myself out of it. And when I am in that darkness, it feels like I will actually die if I do not fight. It feels like my heart will stop beating and I will literally be dead, while I am fully conscious that I am in a sleeping state.

The fear was too terrifying so I always struggled out of it and wake up, but I always wonder what would happen if I surrendered. The problem is that I actually think I might die if I do that, that my heart will somehow stop beating and that I will be found dead in my bed.

What do you guys think about this? Anyone having similar experiences?

Glory to Israel

14 minutes ago, Scholar said:

So I've had this weird thing happened to me this year, I had 3 of these dreams so far, one of them today. In all of them I am lucid, so I know I am dreaming. The dimension in which these dreams seem more vivid and real than "waking reality" is particularly in the visual department. I can see every detail, I can actually fully absorb the whole image, and it is actually like I was there. It's not cloudy, it's not inconsistent, it looks completely real. I can focus, just like in real life, on particlar areas of the image, and there is a clarity to all of it.

If it's possible to have such consciousness in a dream, and have the dream be so vivid, could it not be possible to do consciousness work in a dreaming state? My consciousness seemed so absurdly high in that dream.

I've had a similar experience twice where I saw the face of a monk, or whatever, and his eyes opening in some sort of terrifying realization, there was an intense energy going through my body as it happened, and then there was darkness. When the darkness comes, it feels like I can surrender to it or fight myself out of it. And when I am in that darkness, it feels like I will actually die if I do not fight. It feels like my heart will stop beating and I will literally be dead, while I am fully conscious that I am in a sleeping state.

The fear was too terrifying so I always struggled out of it and wake up, but I always wonder what would happen if I surrendered. The problem is that I actually think I might die if I do that, that my heart will somehow stop beating and that I will be found dead in my bed.

Report back if your able to meditate in your dream, I've been trying for years.  One of my goals was trying to read something and learn in my dream, or meditate,...... still can't manage, lol.

1 minute ago, Mu_ said:

Report back if your able to meditate in your dream, I've been trying for years.  One of my goals was trying to read something and learn in my dream, or meditate,...... still can't manage, lol.

I can see this being difficult, because I can't control when I have a lucid dream or not, so it's hard to remember your intentions when you actually do have one, although today I actually did fullfill my intentions. The last two dreams I found so crazy that I thought maybe my mind just tricked me somehow into thinking that it saw a consistent and vivid image, when actually I didn't, so today I focused on that and could clearly see that it couldn't be the case.

It could be that the dream-state is too unstable to sit down and meditate, but on the other hand dreams seem so much more intense and it's like you can operate outside of what the mind usually permits you to access. Maybe we have to accept that and instead of doing our regular consciousness work, find new methodes that work within the dream environment.

Glory to Israel

55 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I can see this being difficult, because I can't control when I have a lucid dream or not, so it's hard to remember your intentions when you actually do have one, although today I actually did fullfill my intentions. The last two dreams I found so crazy that I thought maybe my mind just tricked me somehow into thinking that it saw a consistent and vivid image, when actually I didn't, so today I focused on that and could clearly see that it couldn't be the case.

It could be that the dream-state is too unstable to sit down and meditate, but on the other hand dreams seem so much more intense and it's like you can operate outside of what the mind usually permits you to access. Maybe we have to accept that and instead of doing our regular consciousness work, find new methodes that work within the dream environment.

There was a short period where I could intend vaguely to dream something and when going into the dream I could feel myself creating what I imagined while also experiencing the joy of the dream.  This didn't last long, but there are often times where I do notice  I can make choices in dreams and do so.  But since making the intention to read or meditate in dreaming, I can't. 

Been there,done that. 

Especially after psychedelics.

It was like reality is hd and my dream was 4k.

Of course! I have many dreams like that. Keep in mind: Your sensory organs slowly decay as you grow older and older. You loose eyesight, hearing and so on. So whenever you look at an object your brain doesn't get to utilize it's full potential as the information it receives has been distorted by your eyes. But in a dream these limitations don't apply. You don't have bad eye sight in a dream! Your brain gets to use it's full potential when visualising the world. So it looks more real than real. A tip: Try eating your favorite food next time you become lucid, as this also applies to your sense of taste.

3 hours ago, Scholar said:

could it not be possible to do consciousness work in a dreaming state?

I do it most of the time I become lucid. Lucid dreams are INCREDIBLE when it comes to shadow work and inner child integration work. Like you wouldn't even believe it! I think there was an older post where I explained it a bit, I'll see if I can find it.

You can for example talk to your subconscious mind when you are lucid draming. Like have actual conversations and stuff. You can ask yourself questions and the answers and insights you'll receive will be mind blowing!

See yourself as an accumulation of different "personalities" each with their own goals, needs and perspectives. 

I recommend this video all the time but it's just too spot on. Watch it and think about how this knowledge could be used in lucid dreams.

Walk down the streets or whatever scene you're in and talk to the people you meet. Ask them for their names and about what aspect of you they represent. Ask them about their opinions, needs and feelings. This is an awesome technique as you get to have intimate conversations with yourself. You can also hug these people and show them some love. Let's say you are having a nightmare about being chased by some serial killer. That serial killer IS you! Or at least a representation of your psyche. He might for example be a manifestation of some social anxiety (that's what it was for me)  Walk over to him and hug him. Show him love. How often do you get to give your fear a physical hug? Once you hug him he will dissolve into pure love! You will still need to work on your fear outside your dream but it will be have lasting positive effects on you! Lucid dreaming is actually great for treating conditions like PTSD. Just always remember: Everybody you meet in your dreams represents you! Even if you were to dream of, let's go with the worst case, the guy who sexually abused you in your childhood, you should still treat him lovingly as he is just a manifestation of your feelings regarding this person. Most people might either try to get away from him or hurt him once they become lucid, but that just means you are running from your shadow/attacking your shadow out of unacceptance of your emotions.

Somebody once recommended me this video and I think that you might enjoy it!

3 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Report back if your able to meditate in your dream

I'm actually not sure if that's possible in the classic sense. I've tried doing mindfulness meditation and I always end up forgetting that it was a dream.

There are other techniques I've been working on. I am currently experimenting with the ways dreams can be utilized so if anybody has any techniques feel free to share them:

1. Falling asleep consciously: Lay down, let the mind and body relax and try to fall asleep consciously. It's quiet hard, especially because entering sleep paralysis that way feels like you are having an actual stroke, are dying or being ripped out of your body, but managing to do so is very interesting.
  2. Lucid Observation: Become lucid but don't act upon the dream. Let the dream happen and just observe it! I, for example, had a dream a while ago where I was just flying around through a painted landscape. I was lucid but I didn't try to control the dream. I watched the dream play out. I didn't control where I was flying or what I was doing. I was just enjoying the dream and everything else was happening on it's own. It's very trippy because you are aware of how you are still in bed, having full on hallucinations.
  3. Taking a walk through the dreamscape: Pretty self-explanatory. Once you become lucid just take a stroll through the world and enjoy the visual beauty of the dream. Just observe stuff, look at a tree or a leaf, observe the details on the walls, take it all in! This technique has a very zen-esque vibe to it. It is DEEPLY relaxing and soothing. 
Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Once I dreamed that the entire universe dissolved with me and before I vanished there was darkness and a sublime peace. I surrendered fully and consciously because I knew that it was me dreaming the entire thing. However I wasn't aware that I was sleeping in my bed, so it wasn't really a lucid dream. In another dream, I was in trapped in a room with no light at all and it scared the hell out of me because I thought I will spend an eternity there. I've literally felt like a ghost trapped between two worlds... which was scary as fuck. The funny thing is that when I yelled "mom", I woke up ? And this one wasn't really like a dream, it was something like an OBE but I have no idea what the heck happened then.

Edited by Member

On 15.09.2020 at 5:33 PM, Scholar said:

Sleep is a projection of our desires, fears and real events. Our brain combines information and we do not have real dreams. These can be horrors or pleasant dreams. We cannot talk about prophetic dreams because these are random events and combinations of our brain

On 15.09.2020 at 8:53 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Of course! I have many dreams like that. Keep in mind: Your sensory organs slowly decay as you grow older and older. You loose eyesight, hearing and so on. So whenever you look at an object your brain doesn't get to utilize it's full potential as the information it receives has been distorted by your eyes. But in a dream these limitations don't apply. You don't have bad eye sight in a dream! Your brain gets to use it's full potential when visualising the world. So it looks more real than real. A tip: Try eating your favorite food next time you become lucid, as this also applies to your sense of taste.

I do it most of the time I become lucid. Lucid dreams are INCREDIBLE when it comes to shadow work and inner child integration work. Like you wouldn't even believe it! I think there was an older post where I explained it a bit, I'll see if I can find it.

You can for example talk to your subconscious mind when you are lucid draming. Like have actual conversations and stuff. You can ask yourself questions and the answers and insights you'll receive will be mind blowing!

See yourself as an accumulation of different "personalities" each with their own goals, needs and perspectives. 

I recommend this video all the time but it's just too spot on. Watch it and think about how this knowledge could be used in lucid dreams.

Walk down the streets or whatever scene you're in and talk to the people you meet. Ask them for their names and about what aspect of you they represent. Ask them about their opinions, needs and feelings. This is an awesome technique as you get to have intimate conversations with yourself. You can also hug these people and show them some love. Let's say you are having a nightmare about being chased by some serial killer. That serial killer IS you! Or at least a representation of your psyche. He might for example be a manifestation of some social anxiety (that's what it was for me)  Walk over to him and hug him. Show him love. How often do you get to give your fear a physical hug? Once you hug him he will dissolve into pure love! You will still need to work on your fear outside your dream but it will be have lasting positive effects on you! Lucid dreaming is actually great for treating conditions like PTSD. Just always remember: Everybody you meet in your dreams represents you! Even if you were to dream of, let's go with the worst case, the guy who sexually abused you in your childhood, you should still treat him lovingly as he is just a manifestation of your feelings regarding this person. Most people might either try to get away from him or hurt him once they become lucid, but that just means you are running from your shadow/attacking your shadow out of unacceptance of your emotions.

Somebody once recommended me this video and I think that you might enjoy it!

I'm actually not sure if that's possible in the classic sense. I've tried doing mindfulness meditation and I always end up forgetting that it was a dream.

There are other techniques I've been working on. I am currently experimenting with the ways dreams can be utilized so if anybody has any techniques feel free to share them:

1. Falling asleep consciously: Lay down, let the mind and body relax and try to fall asleep consciously. It's quiet hard, especially because entering sleep paralysis that way feels like you are having an actual stroke, are dying or being ripped out of your body, but managing to do so is very interesting.
  2. Lucid Observation: Become lucid but don't act upon the dream. Let the dream happen and just observe it! I, for example, had a dream a while ago where I was just flying around through a painted landscape. I was lucid but I didn't try to control the dream. I watched the dream play out. I didn't control where I was flying or what I was doing. I was just enjoying the dream and everything else was happening on it's own. It's very trippy because you are aware of how you are still in bed, having full on hallucinations.
  3. A person can think about the house and its perfection. These are the neural connections that generate controversy. I recommend reading an essay https://studyhippo.com/my-dream-house-3925/ on this topic. Neurons depend on our mood and general condition

Our fears are a projection of our desires. We become hostages and sometimes forget about reality. I recommend finding the first seeds in your kids. School psychologists have a responsibility to help. I loved your dream home example. You should dream more and not be afraid.

48 minutes ago, RobertNils said:

A person can think about the house and its perfection. These are the neural connections that generate controversy. I recommend reading an essay https://studyhippo.com/my-dream-house-3925/ on this topic. Neurons depend on our mood and general condition

Huh? Who wrote that? I'm kind of confused now.

beep boop