Intraplanetary

emotional awareness and control

6 posts in this topic

Hi

Wanted to share my recent experience which feels as upgraded and more tuned in to the source awareness. I can now very clearly identify my emotions and subtle differences in a wide range of emotions. I learnt the whole spectrum of them from the Sedona Method. I can now feel the emotion arising and I can catch and it label it. This really feels like a superpower. I feel as emotions lost their mystery because before I was basically led by my emotions I wasn't able to distinguish between them let alone detach. But now, I'm fully aware of them rising and then disappearing after I label them; or I can redirect them or even hold it for further investigation, for example locating them in my body or seeing why they are arising which of course is all to do with my mind creating meaning and interpreting all the stimuli that I receive. 

I also have very interesting bodily sensations. For example, the other day where I contemplated this thought 'I am that which I seek', then very spontaneously I felt as I needed to lay down and once I lay on the bed I had this wave piercing through my body as if this deep profound understanding 'I am that which I seek' aligned in my body. Mind-body connection. 

Does anyone feel anything like this?

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

Yes, I did. You are on the path to enlightenment, once you are being aware of being aware, you will not be able to go back, ever. Congratulations. The next step is to recognize the thoughts and their nature. Meditate and ground yourself in the present moment by always being aware. Make it your meditation, with regards of your locations and setting. It helped me a lot. Also read Michael Singer “ Untethering Soul”. He talks about being aware a lot and the book is very simple. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Hi Galyna

Thank you for your reply  and recommendations x appreciated 

softly into the Abyss...

Hi @Intraplanetary

I want to ask you a question. What is the difference between emotional awareness and emotional intelligence. Actually, I was a too much stressed person when I was in high school. Later on, it started rising, lack of confidence, depression, confusion were part of my life? I have got a job recently but the problem is that I am not able to focus on my job, no interest and lack of confidence. Some suggested me to take an emotional intelligence course to deal with your confidence and workplace problems by becoming emotionally strong. I am not sure about what is this? I always thought that such type of problems are dealt by psychiatrists but there is a life coach trend nowadays. I am confused between emotional awareness and emotional intelligence.

@rasheedabill

Hi 

Emotional intelligence and awareness are very similar concepts. They both assume that you can understand and recognise your emotions and can label them; and also not react to them but observe without acting impulsively. I think the difference is that emotional intelligence is a broader concept in which emotional awareness falls into. To be emotionally intelligent you're also able to recognise and understand other people's emotions and can respond accordingly.

I would advise to start with the Sedona Method. The book is very cheap, there are other materials available online such as free audio from real courses and emotional chart where you can really learn about all emotions and finally see where they're coming from. Usually, we feel emotions but we really don't understand their origins and can't specify behaviour that manifests from those emotions. I've attached the file for you. it's highlighted by me but you can find a clean version online. 

I wouldn't advise to jump into some course, especially if you have to pay for it and if you're just starting on this work. There is plenty very valuable material to explore online for free first. Learn about different emotions, sensations and relevant impulsive behaviours. Then start to observe them in you and see where are your weaknesses and the strongest negative emotions you feel powerless. And only then if you want to address something very specific, get some course to complement your work. Though the key is in becoming aware of what you feel, either good or bad, and most importantly accepting that you feel bad and that you can't control some of your emotions and you react. This is universal, you're not alone. 

All the best,

Emotions chart.pdf

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...