Neo

Effect Of New Video - Guided Meditation

10 posts in this topic

Effect of New Video - Guided Meditation

Hi there, I did put this comment under the new video, but decided to create a thread on it. Firstly it was a great video.

And this was my comment, "Did anyone else start grappling with themselves when instructed to surrender, I just wanted to fight. The mind was on disturbing events that happened when I was a 5 year old boy. But I did manage to get back on track."

And further to this I'd say, am I supposed to confront painful memories? Surely if they haven't gone away in all these years, replaying them in meditation will do no good, or is it the fight / struggle that is the important thing?

I really appreciate your comments.

@Neo Memories and thoughts only have power if you give it to them. Face them down by applying that knowledge. Yea, that video breaks it all down nicely. It opens up a space if you truly surrender to it. I always say that if is starts to feel like your stepping outside of your comfort zone, that's the door, don't back away but dare to enter through total surrender. That is the key. I know, that's a tall order! It's not always pleasant to get to because the mind will always try to keep you to itself any way it can through memories, thoughts, fears, ect. The fight /struggle as you call it is a part of the territory. Everyone is different, of course., but when you can overcome them, you will have proven to yourself that mind is only mind and something much greater will present itself to you that is totally amazing. It's hard to put in words what that is and must be experienced directly. When the time comes and you do a total surrender of self and fear, you will totally understand the true power lies there. Something amazing happens that is beyond all words.

I got the feeling of connecting to whats tecnically already happening.  Like how we all are really surrendered to life and whatever it wants to do with us but we dont realize that, we forget about it.

So yea when he said let go of getting enlightened and the meditative state is all the time it really hit home, I felt that I can remind myself of this to keep myself surrending through out the day.

Does this make sense? 

I started to zone out to the point where I felt, heard, thought nothing. In fact, it felt like I wasn't conscious, but was in total peace mode with absolute zero feeling. Not even sure if I was asleep or not lol.

I felt more whole,like I was one piece.I also felt a quintessential feeling which I always wish I have normally(without meditating) (still,clear,restful mind)and my whole body was so relaxed very enjoyable experience.

@Neo Memories and thoughts can lose their pain with enough awareness. Just remain aware of the thought and how it is causing you pain. Do not engage with it; acknowledge it and let it go. I underestimated the power of this for a long time, but through it I have let go of a few major sources of pain in my life. It can take weeks and months, but it will eventually pass.

@Frogfucius I felt a similar experience. It was like I'd fallen into this void, and when I got out it seemed like hours had passed when it must have only been minutes. Maybe I was just on the verge of sleep, but it felt amazing. Happened again today. For the first time ever, maybe, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's sit.

I had a second go at watching the guided meditation. Unfortunately I chose the wrong time of day and had to keep stopping myself fall asleep so it didn't go well like the first time. (I'm one of those people who fall asleep on the bus, in the doc's surgery, everywhere). Although later that day a had a slight vision / feeling of being a young child cut off from it's mother - a feeling of loneliness which I don't suffer from in real life. It was such a feeling deep form the soul that I though it must have been prompted by the meditation rather than a random thought, but who knows?

46 minutes ago, Neo said:

feeling of being a young child cut off from it's mother

The illusory safeguards of the false ego/self were no longer to be found? The old must fall away before anyone can move into higher levels of awareness. It's an awakening out from the dream that is you and realizing the true self.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

It was such a feeling deep form the soul

This is the true self. When you feel it, there is no denying it.

Can anyone help me with a practical problem? This guided meditation is all about letting go. I find that instead of monkey chatter creeping in, which you supposed to allow and not try to stop, I have the very beginnings of sleep creeping in (which I believe are called hypnagogic thoughts) and these I have to oppress normally when I become aware of them in order not to fall asleep and miss the video (maybe they last 5 - 10 seconds each before I become aware). To the un-initiated these feel like you are falling asleep and contain dream like thoughts normally wrapped up in pictures. I have already changed my time of day to my most alert time of day which is mid morning after a couple cups of coffee. Any ideas?

Edited by Neo

OK, no -ones been able to come back to me on the sleep issue, but I wonder if anyone can help analyse the thoughts themselves. The very start of dream sleep seems to come on, for me, in pictures. Sometimes they are just something playing out like characters or people, a few seconds of dialogue. Sometimes they are more distorted figures or events, even cartoon like. These blips of imagery I recognise as the start of sleep. They come so easy when trying to meditate. Do they say anything other than "I'm tired"?