Eren Eeager

Low self esteem issues

3 posts in this topic

I have been dealing with  these issues for a long time, they are preventing me from functioning or seeking spirituality.

There are these well grounded  and deeply rooted thoughts in my mind that keep appearing every now and then and it seems I cannot  get myself to get rid of them. 

I don't know if it needs more time or whether I need a new way to deal with things

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Esteem comes from achievement. 

Set small goals that you want to achieve and stick to your goals. 

Once you achieve your goals, you will feel proud of yourself for achieving them. 

The harder your goals are and the more goals you achieve, the higher your self-esteem will be.

19 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

Esteem comes from achievement. 

Set small goals that you want to achieve and stick to your goals. 

Once you achieve your goals, you will feel proud of yourself for achieving them. 

The harder your goals are and the more goals you achieve, the higher your self-esteem will be.

Not entirely. The achievement also comes from Self-Esteem, meaning that if you don't have enough self-esteem to begin with, you won't even consider achieving anything outside of your comfort zone. 

Turns out that self-acceptance/self-love is a huge part of self-esteem. Without it, your self-talk is so negative, your ego-structure is so divided (a lot of shadow stuff pull you in all sorts of directions) that achievement becomes almost impossible. 

Self-acceptance means that you feel safe with yourself. As you feel safe, you try new and challenging stuff as you won't berate yourself every step of the way as someone with low self-esteem does.

Let's say that you have some trauma around learning, someone called you dumb and was traumatic so you repressed the shit out of it. Now you don't accept any indication that you are not super smart, now you will feel bad anytime you don't act like a total genius, meaning that you will stay in your comfort zone forever, trying to protect your fragile sense of ego.

Self-acceptance leads to a feeling of "that's ok" if i am not a genius or if i don't learn something right away, i trust in the process, even if it takes more time for me to learn than to most people, it's ok.