Leo Gura

The Allure Of Identity

46 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Interesting. 

I think that one has to differentiate masculinity and feminity as natural polarities/principles and gender which is the social construct build on them.

Race doesn't have this basis which relies on mysterious energy which affects an essence and the being of that person. It is just this construct.

Feeling black (which I also feel like despite knowing that this identity is fake) comes from living through this construct and experiencing it through a collective hallucination that materializes it. For instance, I also feel Swiss, but feeling Swiss doesn't affect anything but my conditioning. Regarding my essential qualities, I wouldn't be any different If I were born American.

I'm concerned that using being Chinese as an example is not a good choice. Being Chinese is not a race, its a nationality. And you've got plenty of different ethnicities within it. They themself don't know what it is to be Chinese.

But anyway, my point was that "feeling something" can be based on a social construct.

Being of masculine energy or feminine energy is not. It manifests from essence, physiological features and gender.

Thats why you can have what is conventionally perceived as a male body, behave like a male (conditioning/gender role), and inside have the energy of a woman.

I get what youre saying, i think i find the trans-racial argument quite interesting as in it really pushes the social constructs of race or even the existence of race as a defining quality. Would you say Dolezal is deluded or what do you think is going on there?

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If there are 70 different genders, you can certainly choose to be whatever race you want.

In theory, there's no reason why a white person couldn't identify with being more black than white. Rapper like Eminem comes to mind. If a white guy grows up in the hood, immersed in black culture, then he's probably more black than white at the level of the mind.

This is delusion and it will be deconstructed. Gender and identity have served it's purpose, there is no functional need for them anymore.

Culture is shaped by natural selection. Once evolutionary pressures subside, the restraints of culture are lifted and culture continue explore and evolve into infinity. The reason why we have a concept of race is because it was useful and necessary for survival in the past. The reason why we have a concept of gender is because i was useful and necessary for survival in the past. Both of them will dissolve, because there is no pressure to uphold them.

Limitation is what gives shape, when you are free from survival, the only thing there is death. There can be no other thing than death, because death is infinity. This is what all things strive towards. Life is constraint, and freedom is death. This is true for all things, from atoms to societies. The only way they can exist is by being pressured to be limited. This is the nature of evolution. It is an ebb and flow of exploration and limitation.

What happens when you have 70 genders, and then 700, and then 7000, and then infinite genders? Gender ceases to exist, it cease to exist because there is no constraint, no limitation. There can be no gender without limitation, there can be no race without limitation.

See, you can only make an identity out of blackness if you ignore what blackness is. There is not a single person on this planet that is black, nor is there a person who is white. The fact that whiteness and blackness are the words we use illustrates how immature and shaped by duality our minds are. White and black are literally the most extreme opposites, the greatest contrast possible. If you were to accurately map the skin of peoples, you would come to understand that there is not a single person on this planet that has the same skin color. The idea of race would dissolve instantly if we were to look past the delusions our minds project onto reality.

There is no such thing as being black at the level of the mind. The mind is the mind, color is color. You can choose what gender and race you are precisely because both of them are nothing but ideas.

The funny thing is though, that there is no one such thing as blackness, because every idea of blackness is as unique to the mind it holds as your fingerprint is. But then, how is it possible that we can communicate, and that we think we all refer to the same when we say a certain word?

This is the wonder of limitation, it can take any shape, because it is made from no shape at all. It can be completely unreal and yet it can be.

What is important to understand is that identity is shaped by survival, and once survival changes, identity will change. This is why there is so much suffering in the world right now, because we are evolving into something new. The time that homo sapiens has existed for it's own survival is long over, we have become a collective far more than ever before. Evolution is a messy process because it is freedom. And when there is freedom, there is death.

If everyone was to survive without constraint, what it would mean is that we have achieved death. God's Love knows no fear, so we should not be surprised by the suffering that awaits us.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar I completely agree. With the caveat that, although we are making progress on some fronts at the moment, these identities are just symptoms of the deeper issues of ego. The danger is that we cure one form of inequality such as race, only for it to pop up again in a new form if we haven't developed our consciousness enough. 

24 minutes ago, LarryW said:

@Scholar I completely agree. With the caveat that, although we are making progress on some fronts at the moment, these identities are just symptoms of the deeper issues of ego. The danger is that we cure one form of inequality such as race, only for it to pop up again in a new form if we haven't developed our consciousness enough. 

This is not a problem, this is evolution. Until we learn to go beyond this, it will keep happening. There is a long path ahead of us, towards death.

Evolution is not concerned for your suffering, or anyones suffering, and evolution doesn't work by taking optimal pathways, it functions by trial and error. The only extend to which this is different in our human society is to the extend to which we have empathy and understanding.

The society you live in is cruel beyond imagination, do not expect anything less than misery and suffering for such a society.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Many ethnic groups that are considered "white" today obviously weren't 200 years ago. Italians, Irish, and Jews were not considered white.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Isn’t it  I R O N I C how these 2 very racist men make themselves look completely brown. 

160B0C55-7570-4076-A33A-14F72DFEFEA3.jpeg

91ABFEF1-D5DE-49AC-9874-1CE1A2CCC754.jpeg

Edited by Jennjenn