Rustymachine

Affirmations

14 posts in this topic

Hey

So i've been doing "i am totally independent of the good or bad opinion of others" affirmation half a year now. 

I used to do this 5 minutes  and almost never skipped a single day.

i feel like it have worked in some degree,but should i start with a new sentence,or keep doing the first one?

i surely want to improve my confident level with a new affirmation. 

any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Rustymachine said:

Hey

So i've been doing "i am totally independent of the good or bad opinion of others" affirmation half a year now. 

i feel like it have worked in some degree,but should i start with a new sentence,or keep doing the first one?

any thoughts?

Keep going. Never give up and never doubt yourself. Confidence is key. :) 

Edited by Argue

Here's what I found after experimenting with reprogramming your subconscious mind :

Have it personalised. This is key. If you're just following instructions, then you're not getting any confidence, are you ? And apart from that, having it personalised adds an extra value to the activity, you feel better, you get the emotion that is required. IT IS CRITICAL TO FEEL POSITIVE EMOTIONS WHEN REPROGRAMMING YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND ! Otherwise it just doesn't work.

Bust a Limiting Belief, and replace it with a good one. When you're doing affirmations, you're basically imprinting a belief in yourself. But this can't work if your new powerful belief conflicts with an old limiting one. There's no real process busting a belief, but basically you want to question and undermine your belief until you really feel like you've busted it, try to dig into your past here, recall a situation, try to look at it from a different perspective, this really helps.

Take Action. Remember that lame saying "fake it till you make it". Isn't that what you're doing with your affirmation ? This is also why you want to visualise yourself. But really in the end you just have to accept the fear as part of it, get out on the edge and do the work that you know you have to do !

Cordialement,

Tancrède Pouyat.

PS : That was french. I'm from Geneva. I always finish my emails with this.

PS2 : Go read Psycho-Cybernetics. This is critical if you want to succeed in reprogramming your subconscious mind.

43 minutes ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

Here's what I found after experimenting with reprogramming your subconscious mind :

Have it personalised. This is key. If you're just following instructions, then you're not getting any confidence, are you ? And apart from that, having it personalised adds an extra value to the activity, you feel better, you get the emotion that is required. IT IS CRITICAL TO FEEL POSITIVE EMOTIONS WHEN REPROGRAMMING YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND ! Otherwise it just doesn't work.

Bust a Limiting Belief, and replace it with a good one. When you're doing affirmations, you're basically imprinting a belief in yourself. But this can't work if your new powerful belief conflicts with an old limiting one. There's no real process busting a belief, but basically you want to question and undermine your belief until you really feel like you've busted it, try to dig into your past here, recall a situation, try to look at it from a different perspective, this really helps.

Take Action. Remember that lame saying "fake it till you make it". Isn't that what you're doing with your affirmation ? This is also why you want to visualise yourself. But really in the end you just have to accept the fear as part of it, get out on the edge and do the work that you know you have to do !

Cordialement,

Tancrède Pouyat.

PS2 : Go read Psycho-Cybernetics. This is critical if you want to succeed in reprogramming your subconscious mind.

Great stuff friend. I'd like to add one thing. To get into a positive state of mind (what works for me), revisit a previous happy memory and remember it vividly as possible. 

Lastly, these affirmations should get you excited. That enough can get the positive emotions flowing. 

1 hour ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

Cordialement,

Tancrède Pouyat.

Truly Appreciate the answers guys!

What did you mean by:

"  There's no real process busting a belief, but basically you want to question and undermine your belief until you really feel like you've busted it, try to dig into your past here, recall a situation, try to look at it from a different perspective, this really helps".

Ty :)

7 minutes ago, Rustymachine said:

There's no real process busting a belief.

A belief cannot be busted by a one-time experience. The subconscious mind works with repetition. In fact, the earlier you acquired the belief, the harder it's going to be to bust it. However, this does not mean that you can't do some initial work. This is what I'm encouraging here. Do some introspection. And simply just use the basic processes mentioned to show to yourself that this belief is wrong and that you cannot keep it. Kind of like the "Radical Openmindedness" video.

17 minutes ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

A belief cannot be busted by a one-time experience. The subconscious mind works with repetition. In fact, the earlier you acquired the belief, the harder it's going to be to bust it. However, this does not mean that you can't do some initial work. This is what I'm encouraging here. Do some introspection. And simply just use the basic processes mentioned to show to yourself that this belief is wrong and that you cannot keep it. Kind of like the "Radical Openmindedness" video.

Does it exist some kind of exercise to find the root couse of a limiting belief? 

Well, I can't say yes, and I can't say no either. Just understand that most limiting beliefs come from interpretation of the environment that you grow up in. If you get emotional thinking about a certain theme from your childhood, like money, or sex, or people, or the world, or whatever else, then you probably have limiting beliefs there.

It's simple, if you want to get more confident with people, you probably have some limiting beliefs with people, simply go and unwire those, and rewire new beliefs that you can use to your advantage, through affirmation.

Also, this kind of exercise can be done much more effectively if you go see a therapist, or a coach, or an NLP practitioner, or a hypnotherapist. But those might be required only for extreme cases.

I've used affirmations for a while. You can use affirmations to reveal more of the beliefs that limit you. Here is how you do it. Get something to record with, I find a paper and pen works best for me but you could use a recorder or type on a document also.

Create your present tense, postive, now-focused affirmation, and then write or say it.

Notice what enters your consicouness, and if it's negative or contrary, write it down. 

Write a new affirmation that addresses the next linked belief.

Repeat.

The repeat part is the key to affirmation work. Remember to check in with yourself, and see if you are really making progress. 

When I'm working with an affirmation I generally stop when it's already true and a part of my reality. I don't need to affirm to myself 'I eat three meals a day' for example, since I've already mastered that. I used to use one such as 'I easily recall my dreams and write them down every morning." Since that is part of my reality now as a day to day experience, I no longer use that affirmation. I'm thinking about my next step, something involving dreaming about specific things so I can gain more insight into certain areas of life and continue my self development while I sleep.

Just like practicing any skill, move on to the next one once you master it. Use it as a stepping stone and build from there.

11 hours ago, Rustymachine said:

Hey

any thoughts?

I've been using that affirmation for 6 months+ too.

And I've changed a lot of affirmations since then.

You know, I'd say that you probably are not noticing the results yet. The results are pretty subtle. I started noticing the results after I actually stopped using this affirmation and switched to other affirmations.

I've noticed that I have this non-verbal movement in my mind in each situtation, where I'd feel not confident, that makes me automatically see the situation through the prism of "I am completely independent of the good or bad opinions of others". I do not think about it even - it's like a reflex. And it automatically helps somehow to not care about what other people may think about you.

I'd suggest to repeat this affirmation not only during this "formal" 5 minutes, but especially in every situation, where you'd feel yourself not confident enough.

Edited by Naviy

Thanks for the answers guys, again ;)

Looks like i need to dig a little around in the past.

I get the impression that a little digging around is very crucial to unwire a limiting belief. 

i've red the tips above, and really appreciate them, but just keep the tips flowing

More wisdom cant hurt.

Personalize affirmations and always connect it to a vision of yourself attaining whatever quality that affirmation imbues on you. I love affirmations now and make sure to get them in daily. They've really done great work correcting the "negative affirmations" that were swimming around in my head for so long.