Anderz

Transpersonal Journal

764 posts in this topic

Letting go of confusion is the same as dissolving tensions. That's great, but I now have an even more advanced approach. It's the crystallized ego that has (is made of) chronic tensions that produce confusion. The fluid ego is free from chronic tensions. And the crystallized ego is only a temporary stage of development necessary in order to go from undifferentiated oneness and into development of an individual person as a seemingly separate self. There isn't any actual separate self, so when the crystallized ego has served its purpose as a vehicle for personal development it will dissolve as we move into the transpersonal stage.

The new approach is to simply expect the crystallized ego to dissolve automatically. And that this will happen because of the understanding of the evolutionary process of going from the personal stage and into the transpersonal stage.

Stages of human development can be looked at as both structure and content. At the personal stage the content of the crystallized ego is of course different for each person, and at the same time the structure of the crystallized ego is the same for everybody!

And the structure of the crystallized ego is that it believes itself to be separate from "God". That's the principle of Satan, the prince of this fallen world. It's not a mistake. It's a necessary stage of separation (the fall of humanity) for the purpose of developing unique individuals with increasing levels of personal integrity.

Leo's video about the devil illustrates the structure of the crystallized ego.

If the fluid ego is what we have at the transpersonal stage and that it includes the realization of nonduality (transcending the separate individual), then how can it be called an ego, as in a separate individual? I call it fluid ego since the individual self will be transcended and included, in an integral way.

Then how to explain that there still is a separate individual from a nondual perspective? My explanation is that the human soul is an eternal and changeless point within reality. So the human soul is a separate individual perspective! It's just that at the transpersonal stage the individual perspective will expand into a collective consciousness.

Edited by Anderz

Something I predict will happen is that as we move into the transpersonal stage fear will melt away. It's even valid to say that the entire crystallized ego is a bundle of fear. Everything we do at the personal stage is grounded in fear. Even when we don't experience fear on a conscious level there is still a subconscious foundation of fear at the personal stage.

And I mean that all fears will melt away, and then be included again at a higher level at the transpersonal stage. And this is related to the development of a collective consciousness. I think of our next evolutionary leap like how Bruce Lipton described it with his idea of fractal evolution that our whole planet will become one organism. So for example, when we meet a wild bear in nature there will be no fear! Because the bear and ourselves are at the transpersonal stage the same planetary organism.

How will the global mind work? I think it's simply a higher abstraction level of mind. Higher abstraction means that more meaning can be captured with less information. Take the word 'iPhone' for example. That word is a label for a lot of things such as iPhone models, the iPhone infrastructure and connected to Apple Inc. and indirectly to the whole information society and so on. So that word is an example of a high abstraction level.

Now take the abstraction concept one step further and make it billions of times more powerful. Then a single thought can capture an enormous amount of information and meaning. And in this way the global mind can think at the same speed as our individual minds yet be able to handle vastly more information.

I have started to think that death is an illusion. Because from a nondual perspective reality is a wholeness which is changeless. And even aging is an illusion! Because we are all zero seconds old.

The past is information experienced in the now and only in the now. So nobody has ever lived in a past outside of the now, because there isn't any such past. The crystallized ego is made of the past and believes that the past is separate from itself. Thus the crystallized ego is totally deluded.

Is the crystallized ego an illusion? No! It's real and the past is real. The delusion is in how it believes itself to be a separate entity. And also that the past is something that it has experienced outside of the now.

Have we ever experienced anything outside of this present moment? Our personal memories tell us, yes we have lived in the past. And the memories are correct, but not the interpretation of them! Am I absolutely sure about my claim? No, but logically it's consistent and also direct experience is of the memories now, and only now.

One practice is to flatten memories and examine them as information in the now and only that. And also to notice that what we perceive as future is our memories rehashed and projected into an estimated future, not the actual future.

I got angry when listening to the U.S. Congress session today. And I'm not even an American! I examined the anger and it seems to stem from deep subconscious tensions.

And the tensions are a result of social conditioning and biological inheritance. That's the crystallized ego! So lots of the crystallized ego exists on a subconscious level and can be revealed through observing agitating emotions and thoughts.

As I mentioned earlier, the content of the crystallized ego is different for each person while the structure is common among all people at the personal stage. So the structure of the crystallized ego is collective! It's a result of social and biological evolution. I find it useful to examine the structure of the crystallized ego from a collective perspective. We are a part of the personal stage "Matrix" and serve it simply by having our own crystallized egos.

The primary mechanism I have noticed is that crystallized structure generates confusion and we strive to resolve the confusion which maintains and builds the crystallized ego. The crystallized ego shouldn't be dismantled prematurely since it serves the purpose of making us develop as individuals at the personal stage. It's only when we want to transcend the personal stage that the crystallized ego should start to be dismantled. And this can be done I theorize by mindfully observing the confusion-crystallization cycle.

Edited by Anderz

The crystallized Matrix which constitutes society at the personal stage is grounded in the belief in lack of sufficient requisite variety to deal with reality. And that Matrix outsources that same belief to the population in this personal stage society.

The trick, then, to reverse that trend, is to recognize that the future does have enough requisite variety to deal with all of reality, for it is all of reality at a more evolved state at the manifested level.

I will take a look at Aaron Abke's new video about self-inquiry. That's something I haven't practiced much.

Fear and desire are necessary at the personal stage of development. From the transpersonal perspective both fear and desire are transcended. Fear is a false foundation since it's based on the belief in separation. And desire is problematic because personal stage desire has too little requisite variety in order to harmoniously deal with reality, and that causes suffering and conflict.

The crystallized ego operates through collected understanding, which as J. Krishnamurti said is always limited and therefore leads to conflict and confusion. And as it says in the Bible:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

I will listen to this video by K. His message might be deeper than what it appears at face value! I will compare what he says to what I think about the transpersonal stage.

Wow, ordinary mindfulness practice is potentially very effective. Why? Because it involves observing oneself nonjudgmentally. But why? Why the need for being nonjudgmental?

J. Krishnamurti has the answer. Judgment is always confusion. And as I see it, that feeds the crystallized ego and keeps the confusion going. So observing oneself nonjudgmentally is a meta perspective above the confusion. And mindfulness practice is a method for entering that meta perspective.

Earlier I was confused about why the need for being nonjudgmental when practicing mindfulness.

"Knowledge has nothing to do with wisdom. Wisdom comes into being without knowledge, that is, only when the mind has no evaluating factor, when the mind is not the entity that evaluates, that judges, that compares. ...  Surely, it is our values, our judgments that bring confusion, sorrow; and being confused, being in sorrow, we say we must have time to overcome this sorrow. But is that so? Will time resolve our sorrow?" - J. Krishnamurti, Bombay 7th Public Talk 9nd March 1955

Will time resolve the confusion? Maybe not, but I will try more mindfulness practice. Maybe it's a skill that can be learned! And then it will take some time to practice and learn the skill, which in this case is to establish a meta perspective free from confusion.

Shynuamurti talks about how we must be freed from desire and other ego emotions which are false, he says in this new video.

Teal Swan has this new video about resilience. I think resilience should be against getting trapped in the crystallized ego and will compare that to what Teal has to say about it.

Teal Swan said that we need dependency. I will go one step even further and say that we need 100% dependency! That's the nondual perspective that goes full circle so that 100% dependency also means zero dependency at the same time. Because nondual totality is a wholeness and dependencies are relative separations within the totality.

But that's easier said than done. Nondual oneness is the highest state, even beyond the transpersonal stage even though it can be seen as the highest transpersonal state. Teal Swan is talking about the personal stage and practical advice. I'm aiming directly for the transpersonal stage, which could be the wrong strategy! But I'm even aiming for a collective consciousness, so I feel I need to transcend the personal stage.

Why is the love of money the root of all evil? My answer is because money is the primary structure that binds the personal stage together. One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Money in itself is just a tool, and that's neutral. It's the love of money that is evil in the sense of treating money in separation. Singling out money as a separate force of power results in insufficient requisite variety which in turn leads to conflict and thereby to evil.

In this video Leo mentions an interesting distinction between personal responsibility and collective responsibility. As I see it, the personal stage is about developing personal responsibility and at the higher personal stages also collective responsibilities. And the transpersonal stage transcends both types of responsibilities! The transpersonal stage is according to my view a collective consciousness which inherently has both personal and collective responsibility integrated within it without the need for individuals trying to be responsible.

I have started to treat mindfulness practice as a skill to learn. Even though I believe it's true that I as a crystallized ego really have no actual free will, it's also true that the ego is also a part of reality, not separate from it. So a perspective I can take is to think of my choices as the universe's choices. They are one and the same!

And my practice at the moment is very much like the introspection development described by Leo. And I aim for mindfulness practice of all my experiences such as thoughts, emotions and physical sensations. And my target is a feeling of inner peace in both body and mind.