Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Socrates

Almost a year later after Inner Engineering Online

3 posts in this topic

It's been almost a year since I took the inner Engineering course by Sadhguru.

Not to spoil the course but he has a guided meditation that asks you to think of the one thing you mostly desire right now you will get it in 5 months. So I went through the meditation thinking of a great new job with a good environment. 

At that time, after much meditation and tripping, I concluded that it's ideal to first fix all my material needs till I hit 30 before I go hardcore into spirituality so the 9-5 made sense to "ask" for.

Anyways 5 months later I got a job that actually fulfilled my criteria and I have not done a single thing of self-development since (almost 7 months). Imagine, I've only watched a single video of Leo since.

Looking it from the bigger picture it is definitely a positive direction to cultivate some momentum and work ethic but oh boy that 9-5 fucks up your schedule big time. I don't have much time and most days I am hella tired after work to do anything productive so I either nap or splurge on some junk. I feel like I don't have the stamina and I'm not even 25 yet.  

I'm learning by the day both about myself and people in general but on the other hand, I can see how people settle with just a 9-5 and watch the big match on the weekends and that's life for them. In a sense, it feels like that's the default unless you do something about it. It is so scary how easily you backlash on the normie lifestyle...

The theory is good and all but the practice is getting the better of me. An ideal would be working 50hour weeks + 20hour weeks LP/Side Project + sports + socializing.

So despite that, I commit on getting back on PD by:

• Retaking the LP course and finding my LP so I have a project to work on the side.
  • Reading 1 book a week minimum.
  • Stop doing anything that sets me back
  • Start watching @Leo Gura weekly again, if it's practical ;) 

Wish me luck :D

Its all about the right kind of food and some meditation/yoga, it even explained what foods to take, avoid and there are practices sadhguru suggested, i did them, and it works. Don't give up, find the cause of the tiredness. Its 9 to 5 after all, i have 12 hour shifts and just 3 hours to do what i want afterwards, and since i turned vegetarian 5 years ago, i have the extra energy.