Seeker_of_truth

Some questions to Leo

10 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura 

If these questions are too personal and you don't want to answer, I understand.

1. What is your typical day like? What do you do everyday? 

I wish to know this because the more I contemplate, the more it is becoming clear that what I should be doing is self-actualization full time. But I wonder if it'll become boring to just meditate and read books all day long. I don't feel alive following a routine. So what is it that you actually do everyday? Do you ever feel that meditation is just boring, if yes, then what do you do? Is there anything else apart from self-actualization that you do just to break the monotony ? (or maybe you don't feel it to be monotonous?)

I wish I knew more about who you are as a person. The videos are great, the concepts are great, what you do is great, but I wish to know who you are in your everyday life. I feel that'll help me to see how exactly you are putting the theory into practice. I don't know if that makes sense to you or you'd like to do that, but it'd be cool if you could share more of your personal life. When I hear some concept in theory I don't know how much value it has as long as I don't see it or try it on my own. For example, I didn't really value doing "the grind work" for a long time. I've of course heard it in theory, even in your own video - how to get shit done (which is a nice video covering the big picture of productivity). I did try to do it. But what really shifted the gears in me into highly valuing it was I think following John Sonmez. His highest value is probably grind work, I don't know, but everyday he posts on instagram how he is doing the grind work despite not feeling like it. He is actually doing it by choice and not because he is in a life situation where he has to do it to survive. That is what really inspired me to value grind work as well. Maybe that's not your style of teaching, but its just a suggestion.

2. How did you start getting into the self help business? I mean, when and how did you know that you actually have something unique of value to contribute and then what was your first step?

Same question for you. @Seeker_of_truth

You don't need to walk in the shoes of others to become great. You just have to stand on their shoulders.  ;) 

6 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

Same question for you. @Seeker_of_truth

Depends on the day. Mostly these days I have some goal in mind and based on that I do the work. If I have a clear goal in mind I'm mostly working on it all the time taking breaks in between. There are periods where I don't have a clearly defined goal (either because I've accomplished my previous goal or suddenly there is a lot of uncertainty or too much change or I have to divert my attention to something else), then I just waste a lot of time on distractions and then after wasting time I sit down and think about what to do and maybe in a few days I formulate my goals and then start working on them again. That pretty much sums up my typical day. I have stopped meditating as I felt it become forced and it wasn't of good quality. I had other goals in mind and I couldn't give my focus to consciousness work, it kind of became unconscious work and I thought well fuck it I'll at least use that time on something else. But now I feel like I want to resume it. I've stopped reading books too as I think I have enough theoretical base for now and I'll start reading again when I have a natural desire to read.

57 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

You don't need to walk in the shoes of others to become great. You just have to stand on their shoulders.  ;) 

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean....

Sounds like you need to organize your time better. 

1 hour ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean....

I mean you shouldn't try to copy others. Find your passions and do the things that work for you. 

I don't he will ever answer. I think this is projection. He has a video.

11 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

Sounds like you need to organize your time better. 

Maybe.

11 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

I mean you shouldn't try to copy others. Find your passions and do the things that work for you. 

Sure, but I just want some ideas to try. The purpose of my question was to get a perspective of what Leo's life is.

10 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

I don't he will ever answer. I think this is projection. He has a video.

I don't know what made you think that this is a projection. Sure I have a rough mental image of who Leo is, but that's open to change and I don't think I'm making any judgments based on my mental image.

11 minutes ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

I don't know what made you think that this is a projection.

You haven't watched the video.

Watch the video@Seeker_of_truth he answers your questions there.

Just now, Arcangelo said:

You haven't watched the video.

Watch the video@Seeker_of_truth he answers your questions there.

Yes I did just now. The only thing he says that is related to projection in my question is "When I'm getting into the personal life of the teacher then I'm projecting". However I'm not wanting to know Leo's personal life to judge him, I just want to know to know. I just want to know what his everyday life is like. What I think Leo does is that he meditates, takes psychedelics, reads books, take notes, shoots video, etc. But that is my imagination. The purpose of this question is to actually know the facts. I have no idea what the problem with this is and if there is I'd be glad if you could point it out.

Hey there @Seeker_of_truth  I re-watched the video too! Until minute 33 though.

18 minutes ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

I have no idea what the problem with this is and if there is I'd be glad if you could point it out.

No problem at all.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:16 AM, Seeker_of_truth said:

@Leo Gura 

If these questions are too personal and you don't want to answer, I understand.

I wish to know this because the more I contemplate, the more it is becoming clear that what I should be doing is self-actualization full time. But I wonder if it'll become boring to just meditate and read books all day long. I don't feel alive following a routine. So what is it that you actually do everyday? Do you ever feel that meditation is just boring, if yes, then what do you do? Is there anything else apart from self-actualization that you do just to break the monotony ? (or maybe you don't feel it to be monotonous?)

I wish I knew more about who you are as a person. The videos are great, the concepts are great, what you do is great, but I wish to know who you are in your everyday life. I feel that'll help me to see how exactly you are putting the theory into practice. I don't know if that makes sense to you or you'd like to do that, but it'd be cool if you could share more of your personal life. When I hear some concept in theory I don't know how much value it has as long as I don't see it or try it on my own. For example, I didn't really value doing "the grind work" for a long time. I've of course heard it in theory, even in your own video - how to get shit done (which is a nice video covering the big picture of productivity). I did try to do it. But what really shifted the gears in me into highly valuing it was I think following John Sonmez. His highest value is probably grind work, I don't know, but everyday he posts on instagram how he is doing the grind work despite not feeling like it. He is actually doing it by choice and not because he is in a life situation where he has to do it to survive. That is what really inspired me to value grind work as well. Maybe that's not your style of teaching, but its just a suggestion.

2. How did you start getting into the self help business? I mean, when and how did you know that you actually have something unique of value to contribute and then what was your first step?

@Leo Gura  tagging you in case you missed it, I won't tag you again here :)