BrokenChimes

what's the point?

6 posts in this topic

Why is the process of self actualizing even worth it, when it sometimes feels others are way ahead of you in this process and in the long run they know something you don't? and are just quietly watching and laughing? Makes you want to just turn a blind eye...

That could just be a projection, but I know what you mean.

I think part of that "quietly watching and laughing" part is because they know that it's the journey that truly matters all along and to simply enjoy the process of living and being. They are laughing because of the newbies that are OBSESSED with the destination and the results. Just like they were back when they started.

For example when I started a few years ago I was really bad with money and wanted to handle that part of my life after years of being broke and inept with finances.

Now? Well I'm not exactly where I want to be ultimately, but I sure am a FUCK of a lot closer to it and have improved tremendously from where I was when I started, like 500% better than my bottom point.

Let's just say I'm definitely happier and more content on the path than not being on it, because it's 1000-fold better and I have the hindsight to see it.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

There's no point in doing anything. Life is merely a matter of luck. You could work and develop yourself your entire life and still be poor and a loser, while others are born in healthier environments with better chances and better infrastructures that they can easily become rich and successful, assuming that they aren't already.

That being said, don't make the end goal the center of your attention. Don't place too much value on the things you think you will get eventually. Do what you enjoy and wait for better opportunities.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

There's no point.

You could reframe it into "creating a life for yourself you would be happy with".

How does that look now?

Still, no point.

If someone is laughing at you, they have a repressed heart and I'd say that's a sign they're not so far up the development spiral as they'd like to think. For me, the point is about finding and spreading happiness, not just comparing myself to others as if it's a race. Are you happy now? If you have a chronic unhappiness then maybe actualisation can help you. 

Edited by LarryW

On 8/21/2020 at 11:10 PM, BrokenChimes said:

Why is the process of self actualizing even worth it, when it sometimes feels others are way ahead of you in this process and in the long run they know something you don't? and are just quietly watching and laughing? Makes you want to just turn a blind eye...

I address this with a marker, a dreamboard, unconditional reality and applying introspection to the thought, “what’s the point”. 

And poof! 

I am living it. 

No seat belt.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE