Orange

Cant Stop Thinking About A Guy

65 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Instead of putting your attention onto thoughts (objects), become aware of the screen that the objects appear on. 

How do you do that?  Is it like just "being awareness"?

1 minute ago, Orange said:

If you can read my history of posts (which is not that long) then you might muster the will to practice it. 

1 minute ago, Orange said:

First of all I think you must calm down a bit. I see that you wnt to have quick fixes over night,but its actually impossible. These behaviours,take time to be created and time to get rid off.

P.s. Learn more about you. With time. You are very young. Im very young. I can say I have the same problem. Well similar. We all are different. So be patient ,whatever it is ,you will get over it.

4 minutes ago, popi said:

I see that you wnt to have quick fixes over night,but its actually impossible.

Yes I know :(  Ill go sleep, I'm not in a good place in my mind right now

2 minutes ago, popi said:

First of all I think you must calm down a bit. I see that you wnt to have quick fixes over night,but its actually impossible. These behaviours,take time to be created and time to get rid off.

I'm already thinking in timescales of "lifetimes".  :)

5 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

I'm already thinking in timescales of "lifetimes".  :)

Damn,  you'd need reincarnation for that then 

Just now, Orange said:

Damn,  you'd need reincarnation for that then 

I don't know how many times I've been reincarnated.  I'm in no rush.  That has relaxed and obliterated a ton of neurosis to begin with - just accepting that there is not much I can do to solve my problems other than be patient and practice my way out of this existence.

I have also been where you are, so I know what it's like.  This is why I said that there is no happiness as long as were seeking it.  It's not a mind game either though, of just trying on different attitudes.  The human being as it is will never be happy, not in the sense that Self Realization brings.  Yeah, there are pleasure, but these will always never be enough.

Happiness is not a game, it's not an attitude.  The acceptance of what is already will relieve a lot of your pain instantly, and I mean instantly.  Only acceptance brings relief.

Practice that and you will start to see that you are an illusion keeping unhappiness locked in.  The self sense is the only problem here.  

6 minutes ago, popi said:

@Orange well....have a good sleep. You have a pretty long way to go. :) 

Haha yes indeed! 

7 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

I don't know how many times I've been reincarnated.  I'm in no rush.  That has relaxed and obliterated a ton of neurosis to begin with - just accepting that there is not much I can do to solve my problems other than be patient and practice my way out of this existence.

I'm jealous :P

8 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Yeah, there are pleasure, but these will always never be enough.

Im learning that now ..

Just now, popi said:

@Matthew Lamot  a bit pessimistic,all that "theres no happiness". I dont judge but, Im saying it because I havent dealt with this approach

It's not pessimistic.  Youre jumping to conclusions.

What I'm saying is that seeking and resistance is the route of unhappiness.

I didn't say there is no happiness.  I said the human being (individual self selse) is the problem that keeps us from true happiness.  

So, as I'm talking to the human being, it's far easier to be direct and honest and deprive the self sense of its false hopes (that never come true, because the more solid the I is the less chance of happiness)

There are people in the world with less dense self sense, those are happier in relation to those with a strong I

Get it?

2 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

It's not pessimistic.  Youre jumping to conclusions.

What I'm saying is that seeking and resistance is the route of unhappiness.

I didn't say there is no happiness.  I said the human being (individual self selse) is the problem that keeps us from true happiness.  

So, as I'm talking to the human being, it's far easier to be direct and honest and deprive the self sense of its false hopes (that never come true, because the more solid the I is the less chance of happiness)

There are people in the world with less dense self sense, those are happier in relation to those with a strong I

Get it?

I see.

Better now.

5 minutes ago, popi said:

@Matthew Lamot  a bit pessimistic,all that "theres no happiness". I dont judge but, Im saying it because I havent dealt with this approach

:)

Every opportunity where unhappiness arises is an opportunity to become happy.  We just need to know the proper techniques and philosophy that brings this about.  I advocate Advaita Vedanta, and Self Inquiry, because it is the only path I know to gain true, durable happiness and liberation.

But I wont sugar coat it, or infantalize people by spoon feeding other pious platitudes that dont work.  They dont work because I have been there and know first hand that ultimately there is no real happiness in those attitudes.

4 minutes ago, popi said:

I see.

Better now.

Stop seeking happiness and see what happens.

The downside now is I have given away the secret, because of the female need to know a secret lol!

So its going to be harder to do, because as soon as we turn this into a practice to "get rid" of misery, somehow the misery knows and sticks around.  

xD

1 minute ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Stop seeking happiness and see what happens.

The downside now is I have given away the secret, because of the female need to know a secret lol!

So its going to be harder to do, because as soon as we turn this into a practice to "get rid" of misery, somehow the misery knows and sticks around.  

xD

Dont bother.

We are powerful females. :P 

As long as theres not resistance, it can be acheivable.

1 minute ago, popi said:

Dont bother.

We are powerful females. :P 

As long as theres not resistance, it can be acheivable.

You both must realize that YOU are the resistance.  At the root of your thoughts and feelings is an imaginary self, when looked for cannot be found anywhere.  When that is seen then the problem ceases to exist.

What's left in the absence of unhappiness?