Enlightenment

Test if you're subconsciously a racist, homophobe, etc. (Harvard implicit association

10 posts in this topic

https://implicit.harvard.edu

BTW Enlightened people on this test show the same evil tendencies as normal people (not surprising IMO)

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

i already figured out im a about 30% racist by doing shadow work lol

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

i already figured out im a about 30% racist by doing shadow work lol

lol what you mean with 'by doing shadow work'?

@Enlightenment

where are the definition for what is racist and so on? I know there is  this, but i don't think you can make it into a test. would think it's a joke, but it's also harvard.. some would say this is a tautology but i generally tend to trust harvard^^

@supremeyingyang

I had mixed feelings about certain ethnicties, one minute i was angry at them and one minute i had extreme love towards them, I did some soul searching and realize i had some prejudices that were hiding in the background of my psyche, i dealt with and said "okay, fine, thats how it is" and the mixed feelings just went away, now i dont really mind it anymore, ive accepted myself as i am, warts and all, and i dont feel much towards them anymore, theyre just people and i dont mind them, if i have some feeling i just accept that and move on

Edited by Rilles

@Rilles cool, but i meant more the technicalities of how you do shadow work. do you make it intuitively or do you use Books?

Edited by supremeyingyang

7 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

@Rilles cool, but i meant more the technicalities of how you do shadow work. do you make it intuitively or do you use Books?

The Dark Side Of The Light Chasers by Debbie Ford

I wrote down like 30 feelings that I wanted to avoid, sweep under the rug and journaled about them! Go research, its great stuff. 

I journaled about one feeling a day, it can get emotionally overwhelming so i took it pretty slow

Edited by Rilles

@Rilles  thanks! you know, i'm currently half through the life purpose course and decided to stop to read a lot of books before i define my purpose.

That book might come in handy

1 minute ago, supremeyingyang said:

@Rilles  thanks! you know, i'm currently half through the life purpose course and decided to stop to read a lot of books before i define my purpose.

That book might come in handy

its very good! and not technical at all, with tons of exercises, im gonna buy it in physical form someday just because its such a treasure and i want to put it on an altar LOLxD

Hm I thought all this was known and obvious, its quite weird how its becoming novel.... again.

I just wasn't aware for quite some that people were using the word "racist" for the implicit, perceptual biases that people have.

I thought a better use of the word "racist" was to point towards the proclivity of people to anchor and prime this perception and not see beyond it.