WisdomSeeker

Stage Purple - Comment on Native Americans

6 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I was pretty disappointed in your comment about Native Americans in your Stage Purple video. You seem to be pretty progressive and open- minded, but to suggest that had native americans assimilated more they wouldn't have experienced and continue to experience institutionalized genocide, is a gross over simplification. As knowledgeable as you are, I think your ignorance on native americans really showed in that video. Do you care to elaborate? 

It's simply a brutal reality.

Non-assimilating will produce a worse outcome for them than assimilating.

I don't mean that Europeans were not assholes for their genocidal ways. The genocide would have happened to some degree regardless due to racism and so on. But trying to preserve a primitive pre-industrial culture simply will not work. It's a losing battle.

Every pre-industrial culture will get wiped out as society evolves to more complex ways of living.

My only point was, if you are from such a culture, you should recognize this and get off the sinking ship.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What do you propose is the solution to this policy wise though? What is the systemic solution to native groups that can’t assimilate to the new culture?

In Australia, the situation socioeconomically for the aboriginals is much worse than even blacks or natives in the US. The alcoholism is insane. We have a social safety net but they’re still not doing well. 

@Joel3102 I imagine generations of unprocessed trauma plays a large role in this. Money and safety nets can't fix everything. It will likely require generations of healing to compensate for the generations of trauma. Perhaps there could be some policy efforts to train Aboriginals in trauma healing, fusing western psychology with indigenous practices? I'm sure that already exist on a small-scale level but likely nowhere near enough. What do Aboriginals feel they need and want in terms of policies? 

On 8/16/2020 at 3:15 AM, Joel3102 said:

In Australia, the situation socioeconomically for the aboriginals is much worse than even blacks or natives in the US. The alcoholism is insane. We have a social safety net but they’re still not doing well. 

I wouldn't say worse than natives. you'd have to hit 60-75%  unemployment. 50%+ alcoholism. Highest rates of being murdered by of police, sexual assaualt, victims of violence in the US. Some of the worst poverty rates in the US and all sorts of diseases as a result of culinary genocide and introduction of carbs, excessive meats, excessive sugars, dairy and grossly reduced fiber intake. Not to mention horrendous medical care and crippling poverty.   

On 8/16/2020 at 11:45 AM, tuckerwphotography said:

@Joel3102  Perhaps there could be some policy efforts to train Aboriginals in trauma healing, fusing western psychology with indigenous practices? 

I think this is it and not just western I think eastern as well. Honestly, I think the east has more to offee than the west in terms of psychology, spirtuality and trauma healing as it pertains to Indigenous peoples.