bloo

I Am Really Confused.

52 posts in this topic

@Eelco1981 I actually copied everything from that post into a Word file and will reflect on your answers later. Thank you very much. I've also downloaded the Mastery book and will start reading soon.

Just now, bloo said:

Some people say I don't need meditation

I'm guessing those people don't have any knowledge about the subject they are talking. Maybe medical professionals "no, meditation is bullshit, here, take some SSRI"? Everyone "need" meditation...

2 minutes ago, bloo said:

@ttm  Some books to get in touch with myself ?

The Book Of Not Knowing

@Wormon Blatburm But what if I do this because of the ego and fame and then after I'm enlightened I will give all up because the ego will be gone as you say...oh god I get shivers when I think about that (in a good way)

@bloo Also, you seem a little hyper. I don't remember who wrote this. (I read it recently), but he has a funny way of slowing you down. He wrote:

"And remember: Breathe dammit, Breathe!!" 

Breathing deep is very important!

You act like a lazy !!!!!

Read your posts as if it was another person who wrote them!!!

Excuses and negative thinking. "You are not gonna make it" " you dont know how" " you dont know what you can do&should do" 

TRY !!!!! you will never know anything if you dont experience things!!!!

5 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

these other guys will come here to tell you about enlightenment / zen and all that -- Do the spiritual stuff later.

There is a huge advantage from learning to not calm the mind and to get grasp how those cycles of thoughts generating feelings generating thoughts work (and this is done by meditating). It does not need to be anything which anyone would want to call "spiritual" to be huge help.

10 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

from decade on now you will regret if you dont hit the streets with guitar, i guarantee you that

Or not. I guarantee you that you couldn't possibly know.

Oh wait, how would I know that? I'll take that last one back.

4 minutes ago, bloo said:

@Eelco1981 I actually copied everything from that post into a Word file and will reflect on your answers later. Thank you very much. I've also downloaded the Mastery book and will start reading soon.

So now you start reading mastery book and think about life purpose and all that other shit. Can you see how you make just more excuses?

Forget the mastery book, forget the life purpose and all the other.

You will probably be on here 6 months from now pondering should you hit the streets with guitar, if you start reading mastery and do all the other shit.

Do you think i am right or the people who offer you mastery book, zen, and life purpose?

you will know if it is youre life purpose when you have played sometimes on the street. it doesnt come by reading mastery, meditation, zen etc.

Just now, popi said:

Is it free or not?

I paid for my copy. Maybe it can be found on libraries somewhere, not here in Finland though. It's practically free though, if you think how much you get with that 20 or 30 dollars.

2 minutes ago, ttm said:

I paid for my copy. Maybe it can be found on libraries somewhere, not here in Finland though. It's practically free though, if you think how much you get with that 20 or 30 dollars.

Ok. I see.

Its not free but its value for money.

12 minutes ago, ttm said:

I'm guessing those people don't have any knowledge about the subject they are talking. Maybe medical professionals "no, meditation is bullshit, here, take some SSRI"? Everyone "need" meditation...

The Book Of Not Knowing

Kid want´s to go play a guitar on the street. Someone offers him the book of not knowing. This could be a meme. The book would confuse him even more. Im actually currently just reading it, 500 pages in.

@Richard Alpert I've seen someone playing on the streets nice music that hit me really hard when I was high and I said I want to do that. You see...idk if you listen to rock/metal or know about guitarits. 

I've seen David Gilmoure live...i got a huge thing and said I WANT THAT. But then it kinda faded away. 

I saw Angus Young live....same thing....

But this thing stayed with me for a while (Estas Tonne).  But it seems to fade away as i encounter harder and harder things on the guitar(breaking a bad old habbit of the hand). When this encountered I kinda felt doooown asf. I kept practicing for a week and didn't see any results....brought me even harder to the ground....and now I am posting on Actualized.org because I don't know what the fuck to do.

But I might get out on the street in a few weeks when I get to UK. But what do I do till then ? Do i practice even more and be even more hurt by those fucking thoughts and feelings. God fucking damn them.

9 minutes ago, ttm said:

There is a huge advantage from learning to not calm the mind and to get grasp how those cycles of thoughts generating feelings generating thoughts work (and this is done by meditating). It does not need to be anything which anyone would want to call "spiritual" to be huge help.

Or not. I guarantee you that you couldn't possibly know.

Oh wait, how would I know that? I'll take that last one back.

Usually people will regret something they should have done. Yeah i definetly have some regrets. That why i was trying to help this kid. From what i read his posts, he probably will use the meditation as another excuse. He has a vision, i dont know any reason why he shouldnt go for it.

10 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

Kid want´s to go play a guitar on the street. Someone offers him the book of not knowing. This could be a meme. 

I think your sum-up of his situation is rather... oversimplified to the point it doesn't have pretty much anything to do with reality. Of course I thought too that maybe it could be too much to start with, but I guarantee that reading it can not be as harmful as "just going to play on public". There's a lot more going on there than just facing the fear of doing that particular thing.

Oh wait, I can't guarantee that. How should I know?

Edited by ttm

2 minutes ago, bloo said:

@Richard Alpert I've seen someone playing on the streets nice music that hit me really hard when I was high and I said I want to do that. You see...idk if you listen to rock/metal or know about guitarits. 

I've seen David Gilmoure live...i got a huge thing and said I WANT THAT. But then it kinda faded away. 

I saw Angus Young live....same thing....

But this thing stayed with me for a while (Estas Tonne).  But it seems to fade away as i encounter harder and harder things on the guitar(breaking a bad old habbit of the hand). When this encountered I kinda felt doooown asf. I kept practicing for a week and didn't see any results....brought me even harder to the ground....and now I am posting on Actualized.org because I don't know what the fuck to do.

But I might get out on the street in a few weeks when I get to UK. But what do I do till then ? Do i practice even more and be even more hurt by those fucking thoughts and feelings. God fucking damn them.

If youre a going to get good at something, it usually take years. Unless you do it like 12 hours a day. If playing guitar was easy, that would be boring. We appreciate the art because it is not easy. But dude, you arent supposed to be the next david gilmour yet (pink floyd is my favorite band by the way). Appreciate the journey and learning and dont quit. Skill development goes in cycles, you train 1 month you get little better, you train 3 more months, you improve only little, you train 2 more months, and youre skills advantage a lot. this is just an example. Be patience

5 minutes ago, ttm said:

I think your sum-up of his situation is rather... oversimplified 

Oh wait, I can't guarantee that. How should I know?

Are you Socrates or something????

Too many questions man!!

Do you use maieutics or what????:p

13 minutes ago, bloo said:

@Richard Alpert I've seen someone playing on the streets nice music that hit me really hard when I was high and I said I want to do that. 

When you were high. Well with not clear mind just dont wait to have clear thoughts . Next time appreciate something really as it is and not under being high.