Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ginger28

MMA for Green Stage

6 posts in this topic

I am a non-assertive, conscious of others people's feelings, green stage nice guy. But I love MMA, in particular the UFC. I like how there is a million strategies and ways of winning a fight, I like the fighters and their story, I like how they are showing the peak of martial arts - like they are saying "this is what man is capable of". I like how it empowers women of all sizes, they are no longer weaker than men who dont train nothing. And I like that you can train MMA to defend yourself and feel confident to walk alone late at night or just speak up and not fear confrontation as much. 

So when Leo gave the UFC as an example for red stage, I got a bit surprised because my inner red is very supressed. I hate red a lot. And I realised that all the parts of the UFC that I didnt like, that always bugged me, were exactly the red parts: I dont like the trash talking, it feels awkward and unnatural, I dont like the aggressively staring someone in the eyes at weigh-ins. I dont like Connor's trash talking, sure its successful and famous and sells a lot of tickets, but its like going backwards in your development(which red is exactly, its very primal). Also what I found interesting is that I cant watch most of the striking-only matches, Although I like fancy capoeira kicks, in general I dont like to watch people getting kicked and punched in the head and liver and getting KO'd. Because it hurts and because it leaves u with permanent brain damage, which is not worth the fame or money to a green stage person. What I do like a lot is the grappling. I am training Jiu-jitsu myself and I find that taking someone down(slowly, without smashing him with full force) and then controlling him and finding submissions is a much more enjoyable part of fighting. Its safe for both parties, it neutralizes the enemy, if its a streetfight, or wins u the fight if its an mma match. You dont actually break someones arm or knee, you just show them u can and the fight is over. Also in a life or death situation, putting someone to sleep is much more safe and nonpainful then just beating him up until he loses consciousness.

In conclusion I believe that there is literally spiral dynamics inside of MMA, that some striking and ground and pound is red stage, but wrestling/Judo and Jiu-Jitsu escpecially is green stage. The philosophy of Jiu-Jitsu is to avoid the fight as much as you can and use ur years of practice only if there is no other option, which sounds green to me. Also I resonate a lot with the head teachers at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Rener & Ryron Gracie, I think they are green stage, at least Renner is. So sometimes when we delve deep into something we find sub-stages, even to the main thing we might say is red. Just wanted to share my sudden realizaiton. Thanks for reading.           

22 minutes ago, ginger28 said:

The philosophy of Jiu-Jitsu is to avoid the fight as much as you can

In that case I am a Jiu-Jitsu grand-master ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Rogan is kinda/sorta green. He's like orange /green and into MMA. Fighting sports originate from red society and you have to have a red mentality to really become world class at them. You probably even need to market the red aspects of it like a carnival to make any money promoting it as well. You can enjoy or practice them though and not be red. Nothing wrong with engaging in red. A true yellow realizes all parts are integral and works to integrate them all within themselves. 

Edited by Lyubov

You can like martial arts and not be red, meaning liking them not because you want to annihilate or see the other person suffering. As in many activities is the place is coming from and not the thing in itself that is the issue.

That being said 90% of UFC MMA fighters and fans are stage Red or Orange or mixture of both.

Imagine you get into heaven but God is too busy to admit you because he's cheering as he watches Jesus v Mohammad in the Octagon :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine you get into heaven but God is too busy to admit you because he's cheering as he watches Jesus v Mohammad in the Octagon :P

I'd love to see Jesus throw these hands. 

@datamonster  From a realistic view point - yes, you dont have gloves in real life, but I support the decision cuz striking is also very sophisticated and interesting. But I agree - massive Red/Orange vibes. I feel american while watching UFC :D especially all the snacks/frozen food ads. Cant imagine what american food tastes like.