Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UDT

Dont Let Leo Die

7 posts in this topic

So as many of you, I´ve watched Leos Health Situation Video
Please watch it if you havent because he explains what he has tried so far to fix his Stomach irritations and Hypothyroidism. 

The purpose of this threat is to dig really deep into the topic of Hypothyroidism with niche knowledge, so we can fix this dude up again. 

I feel very complied to at least share what I know because my business is all around restoring energy levels and fixing hypothyroid or low metabolic rates in people. 

So, Why does Leo feel low Energy? (Quick Rundown of Hypothyroidism)

A: His thyroid doesn't produce enough Thyroid Hormone (especially T3 and T4).
The Thyroid basically signals to the body that either

1 - "There are enough nutrients and calories available in the digestive process, cells get signalled to produce as much energy from glucose as possible, grow and repair functions get triggered, the body knows it is in an abundant food stage. 
The result is, your thyroid hormone is plenty, and it forms the basis of nearly all steroid hormones in the body, e.g. pregnenolone, progesterone, and out of those the body makes e.g. testosterone. These are anabolic hormones, so there for repair and growth.

2- "There is not enough food, not enough calories there (Liver Glycogen low, blood sugar low), so we are in a survival situation cells! Stop producing so much Energy because we need to conserve to survive longer.
The result is, your stress hormones are elevated. Why? Because your stress hormones, especially Adrenaline, release Fatty Acids from your fat storages so your body can use this "reserve energy" to burn it for fuel and to stabilise your energy levels. 
Remember that, a low blood sugar will trigger a stress response, since your body is very much concerned with keeping your organs and esp. your brain alive and going. 
If that low energy state persists, we run into problems. Your body slows down your metabolic rate (less energy expenditure), your thyroid does not produce as much hormones as it should be. Cortisol, Adrenaline and Estrogen are elevated. Estrogen converts your Testosterone into even more Cortisol. 
Now you start burning a lot of fat, which is not as Energy efficient as if you would burn Glucose. 
Also, when your Glucose out of the blood and endogenous free fatty acids (your survival food) now are both present in the blood, they compete for the entry in the cell (thats called the Rendall effect) and you will increasingly become Insulin Resistant since your cells become deaf to the insulin signalling your cells to take up glucose (simply speaking). It is a negative spiral. 

___
Now in addition to that, Leo has the problem that his stomach reacts to nearly all the food he eats, which might be a related or unrelated issue, but it complicates the situation as well, so keep that in mind.
___

@Leo Gura You said you want to try fasting. That makes no sense imo, because your body is already in a low metabolic state, and you want to get out of that state.
Fasting only makes sense when you are metabolically healthy and you put your body into autophagy due to nutrient deprivation for a few days so that "positive stress response" makes you stronger and cleans old cells. But you are having a chronic stress response which is why we dont want to further that.

Now what I would suggest, based on the work I do with people who have no stomach problems but low energy. 

For starters:

1. Stop eating any Polyunsaturated fats (PUFAS) (they are thyroid inhibitors, and do oxidative damage, fatten you up, lower your metabolism, suppress immune system)
2. Eat Coconut Oil (Mostly Medium Chain Fatty Acids, are directly put to the cells for Energy. Theres great research showing coconut oil improves metabolism and makes lean)
3. You need to eat more Calories ( I dont know how you do it with your stomach, but you can also IV DRIP yourself some Glucose throughout the day. Fact is, you need enough calories for your body to function properly.) 
4. Red Light Therapy. Buy a red light and hold it against your Thyroid glands Morning and Evening for 30 Minutes. Dose according to what feels good after testing. Red light stimulates the cells, so that should directly encourage your Thyroid to make more hormones, which is metabolically stimulating. 
5, Glycin, Collagen --> Bone Broth:  Start making Bone Broth, and eat that motherfucker every day if you can. You work from home so you can just have a pot simmering. You can cook vegetables into the broth and then eat it as soup, or bare. Try if you can eat that without your stomach going crazy. If your stomach cant handle the fat, reduce the fat by putting the broth in the freezer overnight and then remove the fat on top. 

6. Try a Pregnenolone Supplement

Thats the basics, nothing crazy. 
You said you have tried supplementing with micronutrients already and it didn't work for you. 

Sources and Recommended Readings: 

My stuff might help you, instagram @highenergynutrition. 
But I highly recommend http://raypeat.com/articles/
He is a PhD in Biology, I have read all of his publications and it is highly influential to my work.

So these were my 2 Cents to the topic, it would be amazing when you have another angle on his two problems A: Hypothyroid and B: Stomach Issues after meals,
and you can drop some knowledge and resources. 

This is a good time for all health nuts to give back to a man whose work helped so many people evolve and find the highest spiritual achievements.

All the best! 

Edited by UDT

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Interesting. I have hypothyroidism and suffer from low energy. Most of my days I have to drink coffee to be able to be at work or to even socialize properly in the day.  Thanks for the info, I will definitely try these out.

Its incredible, we are living a hypothyroidism epidemy. I know a 11 year girl that already has been diagnosed. Me and my family are suffering from this.

It has to be something in our environment, or food.

maybe too much emf from computers, wifi and tablets? Or plastic everywhere?

I'd assume he has the financial stability and medical knowledge from reading to know he has to treat his body right. We aren't his parental figures or in a good enough standing with him to coax his mind into altering his current perceptions. Hope he's taking care of himself and resting well as opposed to staring at the fourm. [Gentle reminder to go eat properly and GO PEE to anyone who decided to read this!] 

Edited by Armand

He clearly said he doesn't want more suggestions and that's like the 10th one I see here

On 12/08/2020 at 0:33 AM, Rajneeshpuram said:

Its incredible, we are living a hypothyroidism epidemy. I know a 11 year girl that already has been diagnosed. Me and my family are suffering from this.

It has to be something in our environment, or food.

maybe too much emf from computers, wifi and tablets? Or plastic everywhere?

Yea it is! 
Hypothyroidism is the result of a few key dietary mistakes, e.g. PUFAs are in nearly every food you can buy and it suppresses your thyroid and lowers your energy levels. 

Plastic everywhere plays a role too, because Polybisphenols mimic estrogen and estrogen converts testosterone into cortisol, which ramps up your stress hormones, which shut down your glucose metabolism .... which unravels a negative spiral of many things leaving you in a low metabolic state = hypothyroid. 

EMF could potentially damage mitochondria, which can play its part in less energy production = more stress hormones

@Espaim I know what he said but he knows very well what we will do and if he truly wanted get rid of advice he wouldnt have made the video at all. 
If you want his work to continue, I think its reasonable to get the health freaks on this forum together to find him some research and solutions which are not bogus bullshit. He probably said pls no advice because some people give terrible advice because some herb worked wonder for them, not including any of his symptoms in their decision to advise.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@Leo Gura 

Hypothesis IBD:

Leo describes problems after eating. He already has an autoimmune issue. THat means more chances having more of those. Describing only a few foods go okay, is the same what you have when you have IBD which is quite active then. Tiredness is also a symptom that you than have: Inflamatory bowel disease. When IBD is very active you may not even want to eat food.

Safety:

If it gets more painful , check your temperature and if it is to high call the hospital. Pain + high temperature may indicate that they will have to act with a certain amount of speed and urgency. No need to worry about it, but maybe handy to know, sometimes speed is necessary.

Edited by --George--