Potential

How to make good decisions?

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

Life is full of decisions. From very small to very big decisions, life is full of choice. Sometimes too much choice :D

Anyway, I am really interested in how I can make "good" decisions about things in life. I am quite bad in decision making, I doubt a lot. 

I know that at a higher level, a good or bad decision may not exist. But I wonder for everyday life.

So my question is: what things should I consider to make a good decision?

• What questions do I have to ask myself to make a good decision
  • Weigh the negative and positive points?
  • Which tools can you use?
  • Or is it just a matter of listening to your feelings? If so, what's the best way to do it?

For example:

If you have a job you don't like, would you better have a job that earns less, but where you are 10% happier?                       

Or a job that pays even less but where you are 20% happier?                     

Or a job where you earn more but are even 20% less happy?                 

Or even stop working at all or start a business etc...

Note: I express happiness in percentages for the sake of convenience.

There are so many important choices you can make in life, the question is how do you do this best?

I look forward to your vision on this, thank you in advance :)

You weight the 2 scenarios and you visualize them clearly. You are also aware of your feelings for each decision. You pick what feels best. I don't mean easy i mean what you know it is the right thing to do

@Potential yes, it's just a matter of listening to your gut feeling. 

Depending on where you at, so to speak, different tools may be more efficient than others, to improve the ability to listen to the feelings. You may start a new hobby you enjoy, or you may start meditating, etc.

Also, before making any decision you may stop for a second and ask yourself: "Does it come from the place of love (abundance)? Or does it come from the place of fear (lack)?".

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x