Kalki Avatar

Shunyamurti speaks about Psychedelics

45 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

What do you think makes him so sure about these things?

I dunno.

He's really got a hard-on for the apocolypse.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This guy speaks as fact all kinds of things that range on the spectrum from pure speculation to utter bullshit, and he co-opts physics terminology to give his new-age ideas the appearance of credibility. Yet I think he does have some really valid points and insights. Sometimes people are right for the wrong reasons. 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish Actually, I find his understanding of quantum mechanics very good and use of the terms appropriate overall.

@Leo Gura I didn't watch the whole thing, so I didn't get to the bit about quantum mechanics. His talk of vibrations and energy and crystals was what I was talking about. Some of that was meaningless and hand-wavy, some of it was just factually incorrect.

I get that not everyone has to nail the details perfectly, but it's a small lie to present a shaky understanding as fact. I'd give him more credence if he used qualifiers and made it clear that he speaks figuratively to illustrate a deeper truth. When someone talks like that, I wonder what else he's hand-waving around that he doesn't actually have direct experience or knowledge with.

But again, I think a lot of the times guys like this are right, but for the wrong reasons. There are definitely bigger problems in the world anyways lol

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

2 hours ago, outlandish said:

His talk of vibrations and energy and crystals was what I was talking about.

He's speaking at a high level of abstraction. As wise people tend to do.